The Supervisor, Risk and Business Services supports the Manager, Risk and Business Services relating to a multifaceted portfolio of responsibilities including insurance, risk management, rentals, leasing, tax assessment, charitable donations and other miscellaneous functions.
- Manages all facets of the insurance claims function (i.e. coordination with insurers, brokers, legal counsel, etc.)
- Conducts independent investigations for risk management and insurance, including fraud, negligence, etc.
- Notifies insurance agencies of investigations and behaviour which may put Calgary Catholic at risk
- Prepares confidential draft reports to administration on independent investigations, including strategies, recommendations and direction
- Manages the rental of facilities and assists in the management of leases
- Assists staff in risk management practices, acting as a resource in contractual language, legislation and regulation interpretation
- Manages the risk management information system
- Insurance Management designation
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience and demonstrated progressive responsibility in an insurance, risk management or legal environment
- Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal, and organization skills
- Knowledge of legal/corporate business environments
- Ability to interact positively with all levels within the organization
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in an environment with tight deadlines and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Superior proficiency with Microsoft Office
Please apply through our website www.cssd.ab.ca/careers prior to January 23, 2022 at 11.59pm.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a police criminal record check.
The Calgary Catholic School Division has a COVID 19 Vaccination and Rapid Testing administrative procedure (AP 168) for all district employees in order to protect the health and safety of the students and staff we serve.
Thank you in advance for submitting your application for this competition. Only those applicants who have been short-listed will be contacted.