LOVE WHAT YOU DO
Can a 150-year-old company think outside the box? Count on it. Deep experience is our springboard for innovation, whether that’s in how we work with our broker network, how we serve our customers, or how we support our employees.
Economical is part of Definity, a Canadian, multi-channel, property and casualty insurance company whose success is founded on our family of companies’ long history of delivering a superior experience for those who count on us. We’re proud to help our customers, broker partners, employees, and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change. Our success in transforming into a digital leader in our industry is driven by a talented and engaged team with a passion for innovation and high performance.
What can you expect in this role?
- You’ll develop, coach/mentor and manage the performance of Direct Reports, including achievement of business, functional and individual productivity levels and service level agreements
- You’ll continuously focus on supporting our culture of high performance and sustained profitable growth by promoting and supporting an environment that encourages innovation, collaboration and teamwork
- You’ll complete Quality Reviews in support of the Technical processing teams
- You’ll work with the regional CI managers and the Director - Technical Processing, Alberta Region to forecast demand for Technical Processing capacity and manage scheduling for Direct Reports (e.g., vacation scheduling, training scheduling, paid and unpaid personal leave, etc.), with input and guidance from HR
- You’ll create and maintain Standard Operating Procedure documents for new or existing processes.
- You’ll support Onboarding requirements in collaboration with Senior leaders and HR
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree or College diploma
- 3-5 years of relevant insurance experience, including 1-3 years of formal / informal supervisory experience managing a team of resources in the Commercial Insurance industry
- Strong customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent decision making and underwriting skills, sound judgement, negotiation and analytical abilities.
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
More search results
Director, Claims Centre (Auto)
Saskatchewan Government Insurance
Manager, Commercial Property Underwriting
Insurance Brokerage Account Manager
Commercial Farm Underwriter
The Mutual Fire Insurance Company of British Columbia
Saskatchewan Government Insurance