Risk Analyst (15 Month Contract)
As one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world - Magna International is committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees.
This position is accountable for supporting Global Risk Management and Insurance programs. Reporting to the Director, Global Risk Management, the incumbent will be the lead administrator on the Risk Management Web information system, conduct base level research, data collection, evaluation and analysis in order to make recommendations associated with Division inquiries.
As a key member of the team the successful candidate will be exposed to the many interesting challenges of a Global Risk Management Department and running a Global Risk Management and Insurance Program.
• Primary interface with divisions and groups in the risk data collection process, including securing complete risk data from all divisions within prescribed timelines; routinely update database.
• Assist, advise and correspond with business units and/or service providers on various risk management & insurance queries.
• Maintain and administer risk management web information system and assist in the development of subsequent phases.
• Review/ analyze of contracts, lease agreements and other documents to ensure appropriate risk mitigation; provide guidance to Divisions/Groups on indemnification and insurance provisions.
• Actively participate in analysis of renewal underwriting data and submission preparation as part of the global insurance renewal process.
• Assist in the claims management process; report preparation and analysis, as needed.
• Business Interruption – Mapping and analysis of dependency and interdependency exposure.
• Develop various coverage update summaries and Risk Management Guidelines, as needed.
• Support the global risk management cost allocation process and prepare final allocation worksheets and related documents.
• Facilitate issuance of Insurance Certificates and Auto Cards for all business units and maintain document tracking protocol.
• Review and update Construction Occupancy Protection Exposure (“COPE”) summary data.
• Review of premium invoices for accuracy, prepare requisitions, and maintain database tracking for all invoices.
• Support US Workers Compensation budgeting and retro allocation initiatives. Review/Reconciliation of Monthly Workers Compensation statement to ensure checks and balances.
• Manage Internal MagNet website with updates and assisted with the facilitation of a redesign of website to make it user friendly.
• Develop materials and facilitate Group/Division Webinars to refresh user knowledge prior to annual system rollover.
• Communicate and organize the receipt of certificate of insurance and WSIB along with communication to Vendors re annual Magna Hoedown.
• Other duties and special projects as required.
Knowledge and Education
• Degree in business related program and/or equivalent work experience
• CRM, CIP or other designation is a plus
• Relevant experience in risk management, brokerage firm or general insurer would be an asset
Skills and Competencies
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities
• Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
• A positive and professional disposition; team player orientation
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Lotus Notes
• Standard office environment.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
More search results
Senior Director (REX-09*) / Directeur principal (…
Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions
Intermediate Commercial Underwriter
Milnco Insurance Broker Solution Centre
Union Power Insurance Brokers
Executive Manager, Business Development
Technical Property Underwriter and Account Manage…