The Associate Financial Advisor plays a key role in supporting and developing agency operations through outbound prospecting, client contact and sales activities. This role may have an opportunity to specialize in one or more product areas such as life, group and wealth. The Associate Financial Advisor will identify prospects in both personal and business markets, determine needs and as a trusted Associate Advisor, make informed product recommendations. They may also be involved in the development and growth of personal lines products (home/auto insurance) and specialty lines (farm and/or commercial) portfolios. The Associate Financial Advisor will be a member of the Agnew Insurance team, representing Co-operators, operating out of a local office situated in Royal Vista, serving Calgary's NW neighborhoods. Agnew Insurance provides a fun, engaging work environment, an expansive network of clients and prospects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Support development of the agency operation through the sales and profitable growth of life, group and wealth management products.
• Service and support the life, group and wealth management portfolio of the agency while adhering to compliance rules and regulations for the sale of life insurance and wealth management products.
• Proactively complete client reviews focusing on life and wealth management products.
• Prospect and cross sell all lines of business by completing needs analysis for clients in accordance with the agency Business Plan.
• Complete front-line risk assessment and selection, following underwriting guidelines.
• Achieve individual goals for client service, sales, quality and productivity and contribute to the achievement of overall agency sales and growth goals.
• Develop annual marketing plans outlining strategies and activities to meet goals in each product area of responsibility.
• Support programs to build multi-client relationships.
• Respond to and investigate client questions and concerns, resolve client complaints and escalate issues appropriately.
• Support the agency team in their daily activities.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Life License is required. Working towards a professional designation is beneficial. Mutual Funds license is beneficial.
• General or other Insurance License(s) may be required depending on the specialty focus for the role.
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Post-secondary diploma or degree in Business, Finance or other relevant fields is preferred.
• Meet all provincial-licensing requirements in accordance with continuing education to obtain and maintain all licenses.
• A minimum of two (2) years sales experience or related business or marketing experience is preferred
• Knowledge of insurance products and strong underwriting skills is an asset.
• Strong skills in communication (verbal and written), organization, time management, client service, decision making, problem solving.
• Candidate must be comfortable in a technology dependent environment including proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Valid driver’s license may be required.
• The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment.
• Regular office environment with some evening work required and some travel outside of the office. Willing to work flexible hours.
Why Agnew Insurance, Co-operators?
Rooted in the co-operative principles our organization established in 1945, we do business differently at The Co-operators and Agnew Insurance. As part of a co-operative organization, you’ll be part of a business that thinks beyond increasing profits and share values. We’re committed to satisfying the needs of our clients and increasing the sustainability and quality of life within their communities.
When you work for Agnew Insurance of Co-operators, you can expect a culture that’s warm, caring, engaging, and rewarding. You’ll be part of a team that works hard to develop an inspiring organization and an enjoyable place to work. We support one another as we undertake challenging work, and we have a lot of FUN doing it. We know what you’re thinking, insurance & investments, fun? The team at Agnew Insurance is an outgoing group built on positivity, teamwork and well, FUN!
We are proud to offer:
- Great opportunity to train and develop into our agency ownership program in the near future.
- A competitive compensation program including commission and bonus, and group benefits.
- Training and development opportunities to grow your career with one of Canada's Best Employers in a variety of roles and positions.
- Regular team lunches and team celebrations/gatherings in office.
- Sales competitions and team building activities throughout the year to foster development and engagement.
- Opportunities to promote, support, and give back to your community.
Agnew Insurance Ltd. and Co-operators values a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment, and we are committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation, please advise the interviewing manager.
More search results
Souscripteur (trice) Régional(e), Montréal
Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada
Bay of Quinte Mutual Insurance Co
Account Executive/Account Manager
Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC)
Saskatchewan Mutual Insurance