Berkley Canada is a boutique Specialty and Accident, Health & Travel Insurer that delivers
exceptional expertise and service to our broker partners and insureds. Our mission is to be the best for our employees, customers and shareholders. By being the best, we mean generating better experiences and better outcomes for these three stakeholders. In order to achieve this, our strategy is simple; we find the industry expert in a line of business and empower them to better serve that specific niche. We encourage our team to think outside the box, be innovative and create new opportunities. Join us today.
What will your typical day look like?
• Ensures quality risk selection, rate and insurance-to-value (ITV) levels of all new business for assigned brokers to maximize underwriting profitability.
• Provides quality customer service to assigned brokers including clarification of coverage, wordings, and claims history.
• Identifies, investigates, and develops new business/expansion opportunities for assigned brokers.
• Maintains corporate and regional underwriting objectives, including but not limited to rate adequacy, profit strategies, policy documentation and service standards.
• Reviews new and renewal business submissions ensuring proper risk selection, endorsements and pricing while adhering to underwriting authority letter.
• Service all accounts including broker inquiries and bring complaints to underwriting manager. Handle complex policy maintenance items and other mid-term requests. Reviews endorsement requests and process necessary changes to the policy with approval.
• Develops and adheres to short and long term underwriting strategic plans and objectives for regional underwriting offices ensuring consistency and integration with overall Berkley corporate strategy.
• Embody and promote Berkley Canada’s collaborative and innovative culture to ensure professional success individually and for the team.
• Oversee and execute on Program business and renewals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
You will also have the chance to…
•Visualize and build a career in insurance as you discover more about our exciting, evolvingindustry
•Build relationships and networks to support your professional growth and success
•Expand your skills through collaboration with and training from our experts
•Collaborate with colleagues on developmental projects and share your knowledge
•Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
•Bilingual would be considered an asset
•Demonstrated knowledge within E&O, Commercial General Liability and Cyber product lines
•CIP / CRM or equivalent designation preferred
•Team player with a willingness to think outside the box and creatively
•Strong oral and written communication skills
•Effective time management skills