Underwriter, Middle Market Casualty
Berkley Canada is a boutique Specialty and Accident, Health & Travel Insurer that delivers exceptional expertise and service to our broker partners and insureds. Our mission is to be the best for our employees, customers and shareholders. By being the best we mean generating better experiences and better outcomes for these three stakeholders. In order to achieve this our strategy is simple - find the industry expert in a line of business and empower them to better serve that specific niche. We encourage our team to think outside the box, be innovative and create new opportunities.
What will your typical day look like?
- Develops and adheres to short and long term underwriting strategic plans and objectives for regional underwriting offices ensuring consistency and integration with overall Berkley corporate strategy.
- Handles policy maintenance items and other mid-term requests. Reviews endorsement requests and processes necessary changes to the policy. Responsible for management of renewal book of business.
- Crossmarket & collaborate with other Berkley Canada Business Units on strategic account / business opportunities.
- Identify, position and direct our Casualty Unit to write attractive and profitable business segments over the long term.
- Execute our unique casualty products and tailored program solutions.
- Regular mid-market casualty insurance market research, analysis and recommendations to identify, refine, and position our middle market casualty business unit model for long term success.
- Ensure timely processing of premium and issuance of policy documents for assigned accounts.
- Embody and promote Berkley Canada’s collaborative and innovative culture to ensure professional success individually and for the team.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience
- Demonstrated technical expertise and product specific knowledge for Property and Casualty lines
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management
- CIP / CRM or equivalent designation preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as negotiation abilities
- Effective time management skills
You will also have the chance to…
- Visualize a career in insurance as you discover more about our exciting, evolving industry
- Build relationships and networks to support your professional growth and success
- Expand your skills through collaboration with and training from our experts
- Collaborate with colleagues on developmental projects and share your knowledge
More search results
Manager, Broker Services
Saskatchewan Mutual Insurance
Associate Financial Advisor
Agnew Insurance Ltd., Co-operators
Accident Benefits Examiner
Ontario Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
Senior Leadership Opportunity - Manager Underwrit…
West Wawanosh Mutual Insurance Company
Wealth and Personal Insurance Sales and Service
Moir Insurance Services Inc-Canmore