Millennium Insurance Corporation is looking for an experienced Commercial Insurance Underwriter (Alberta Insurance Council licensed) to join our team of commercial insurance professionals. We offer competitive compensation, benefits and a collaborative work environment.
Note: Preference will be given to local Edmonton area candidates. Out of country applicants will not be considered.
- Preparation of quotes for new business including:
- Commercial property insurance
- Commercial auto insurance
- Commercial general liability insurance
- Construction insurance
- Underwrite, price and renew risks according to company guidelines and standards
- Discuss and compare coverage options to new or existing customers
- Create new policies for insured customers; prepare of policy documentation and take payment to complete sale
- Answer coverage questions and making changes on existing policies including taking payment information for subsequent changes
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Alberta Insurance Council - General Insurance License Level 1 or 2
- Detailed knowledge of standard commercial insurance policies.
- 3+ years experience as a commercial lines underwriter or producer
- Chartered Insurance Professional Designation or actively working towards designation
- Superior customer service skills including problem solving, empathy and concern for our customers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Highly proficient time management and organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry
At Millennium Insurance Corporation, we pride ourselves on being family oriented and socially responsible. We offer developmental opportunities for employees that demonstrate exceptional skill, a positive attitude, proficiency, loyalty and commitment. We have a comprehensive benefit package that includes health, dental, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, long term disability, an RRSP Plan with a matching deferred Profit-Sharing Plan, and corporate discounts. We believe in our employees and their contribution to our success so, in addition to vacation, we also provide an Earned-Time-Off program. It is our pleasure to reward our teams with other special events such as a yearly flu shot clinic.
Thank you for considering our organization.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Accommodations available upon request.