Applications are now being accepted for a full time Loss Prevention Specialist.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team. The successful candidate will be a team and service oriented individual with a positive attitude, excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
Specific duties and responsibilities shall include but are not limited to:
- Training will be provided to complete inspection of insured risks for hazards. This includes inspecting buildings and systems to ensure they are all in acceptable condition.
- Complete inspection reports, solid fuel questionnaires, provide photographs and complete other documentation as requested on each risk inspected.
- Determine the replacement cost of a risk using approved methodologies and technology.
- Report findings and recommendations of all inspections and advise underwriting and sales departments accordingly.
- Collaborate with Underwriter and staff on loss prevention.
- Inspect properties within the counties of Digby and Annapolis.
Preferred Education and Skill Requirements:
- Working knowledge of residential, commercial and farm structures is an asset.
- Proficient with computers, good communication, interpersonal, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Able to work independently, self-motivated and display above average time management skills to meet company approved performance targets.
- Possess a valid Nova Scotia Driver’s License and have a clear driving history.
- Must be professional, attentive to detail and accuracy and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Willing to continually upgrade and take necessary courses as required.
Given the current pandemic environment, the applicant must:
- be comfortable with in-person client tasks for on site risk inspections.
- be willing to work “on site” at the Company’s head office and/or at home office.
- candidates must be fully vaccinated to qualify for the position.
If you have the required skills and are looking for a challenge please forward a cover letter and résumé, complete with job references.
You may e-mail your résumé at (email@example.com)
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE Compensation will be based on experience
Only those selected for interviews will be notified
More search results
Manager, Broker Services
Saskatchewan Mutual Insurance
Associate Financial Advisor
Agnew Insurance Ltd., Co-operators
Accident Benefits Examiner
Ontario Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
Senior Leadership Opportunity - Manager Underwrit…
West Wawanosh Mutual Insurance Company
Wealth and Personal Insurance Sales and Service
Moir Insurance Services Inc-Canmore