Applications are now being accepted for a full time Loss Prevention Specialist.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team. The successful candidate will be a team and service oriented individual with a positive attitude, excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
Specific duties and responsibilities shall include but are not limited to:
- Training will be provided to complete inspection of insured risks for hazards. This includes inspecting buildings and systems to ensure they are all in acceptable condition.
- Complete inspection reports, solid fuel questionnaires, provide photographs and complete other documentation as requested on each risk inspected.
- Determine the replacement cost of a risk using approved methodologies and technology.
- Report findings and recommendations of all inspections and advise underwriting and sales departments accordingly.
- Collaborate with Underwriter and staff on loss prevention.
- Inspect properties within the counties of Digby and Annapolis.
Preferred Education and Skill Requirements:
- Working knowledge of residential, commercial and farm structures is an asset.
- Proficient with computers, good communication, interpersonal, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Able to work independently, self-motivated and display above average time management skills to meet company approved performance targets.
- Possess a valid Nova Scotia Driver’s License and have a clear driving history.
- Must be professional, attentive to detail and accuracy and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Willing to continually upgrade and take necessary courses as required.
Given the current pandemic environment, the applicant must:
- be comfortable with in-person client tasks for on site risk inspections.
- be willing to work “on site” at the Company’s head office and/or at home office.
- candidates must be fully vaccinated to qualify for the position.
If you have the required skills and are looking for a challenge please forward a cover letter and résumé, complete with job references.
You may e-mail your résumé at (email@example.com)
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE Compensation will be based on experience
Only those selected for interviews will be notified