We’re proud to give our employees the flexibility to choose how and where they want to work. In this role, you will decide whether your preference is to work from home, work from the office or a hybrid of time spent at both; however, you must live near the work site/territory and able to travel by ground as much as necessary.
Wawanesa Mutual Insurance is one of the largest property and casualty insurers in Canada with $3 billion in annual revenues and assets of more than $9 billion. Wawanesa Mutual, founded in 1896 with executive offices in Winnipeg, is the parent company of Wawanesa General, which offers property and casualty insurance in California and Oregon, and Wawanesa Life, which distributes life insurance products and services throughout Canada. With over 3,500 employees, Wawanesa proudly serves over two million policyholders in Canada and the United States. Wawanesa actively gives back to organizations that strengthen communities where it operates, donating well above internationally recognized benchmarks for excellence in corporate philanthropy.
We are currently looking for dedicated, driven, and enthusiastic individuals who thrive in an environment that welcomes change and are looking for an opportunity for diverse experience and advancement on a growing team.
We are now hiring a Senior Claims Investigator to join our Special Investigation Unit (SIU).
The Senior Claims Investigator, as part of the SIU team, contributes to Wawanesa’s goal of delivering an exceptional and consistent claims service experience through the thorough investigation of highly complex referred files and to fraud prevention initiatives.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Review referred claim files to determine the type and scope of investigation required
- Investigate possible causes of loss via examination of forensic evidence and collection, preservation and submission of evidence to police agencies and or courts
- Take charge of investigations for cases of a suspect of fraudulent nature
- Pursue police charges for prosecution, prepare Crown Briefs and provide evidence
- Understand the application of policy language as it is applied to coverage, liability and settlement of claims
- Maintain strict confidentiality and ensure compliance with Privacy Regulations
- Provide ongoing updates on the status of investigations
- Compose investigation reports and advise claims staff and management of findings and further recommended action
- Maintain accurate records based on company standards and policies within the claims system
- Conduct ad hoc internal claims audits
- Attend court proceedings as required
- Remain up-to-date with case law, legal tactics, fraud trends and other information that may help limit losses or improve the effectiveness of the detection system
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5+ years related investigative experience
- Effective customer service skills including empathy and concern for our customers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent investigative and analytical skills
- Highly proficient time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy regarding data entry
- Exceptional advanced negotiation skills
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- College/University degree preferred
Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful, challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our full-time permanent employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, generous vacation allowance, leave top up, annual bonus plan, premium free benefits and a pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
Wawanesa is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that is equitable and inclusive for all. Wawanesa provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status: race/ethnicity, colour, religion, creed, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or marital status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected status. Accommodations are available upon request throughout all aspects of the selection process. Candidates requiring accommodations may contact, in confidence, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, apply today with your Resume.