Are you a highly motivated, detail-oriented insurance professional experienced in underwriting?
West Elgin Mutual Insurance Company is searching for a positive and enthusiastic individual to join our Underwriting Team. We are hiring an experienced full-time permanent Property Underwriter.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes, base salary (based on education and experience), benefits, and pension plan in a flexible, people-oriented working environment.
As a Property Underwriter, you will underwrite, rate, and issue renewals, endorsements, and new business within binding authority limits and according to our company guidelines.
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- Professional and courteous customer service skills
- Sound judgment in decision making, problem-solving, and prioritization
- Act as a technical resource of underwriting knowledge for colleagues and agent partners
- Self-motivated, detailed-oriented, and highly organized to manage workflow effectively
- Meet established goals and service level requirements with a high degree of accuracy
- Proficient computer skills including working knowledge of MS Office and use of internet accompanied by a willingness to learn new software programs
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology, processes, and workflow
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team (experience as a hybrid or remote teams preferred)
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Applicants with a minimum of 3-5 years of personal lines experience
- Completion of post-secondary education or equivalent experience
Considered as assets
- CIP designation, or actively pursuing
- Experience working with IBS 5
- Experience in auto, farm, or commercial lines
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter detailing their qualifications and experiences in confidence by email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Friday, November 5th, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest and wish to advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and employment process as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
For more information about West Elgin Mutual please visit our website www.westelgin.com.