- Marsh Canada Limited
- Toronto Downtown
- Job Category
- Admin/Clerical/Customer Service
- Job Type
Marsh Canada is the world’s largest insurance brokerage, and we strive to offer our clients innovative solutions to manage risk more effectively. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide and operations in more than 130 countries, we are looking for talented professionals who want to make a difference and develop skills for success in a fast-changing environment.
We’re seeking candidates to join our newly created Account Coordination department based in our Toronto office. This opportunity will open the doors to a career with one of the leading global insurance brokerage and risk management firms during an exciting time of expansion and transformation.
What can you expect?
You will be an essential part of a highly skilled team by collaborating with our client facing colleagues and assisting with document preparation and coordination as a client’s policy nears its renewal date. You will work as an extension of our client team and your responsibility is to ensure that each step in the client’s policy lifecycle is completed accurately and on time prior to renewal.
What is in it for you?
- A foot in the door at a Fortune 500 company. This role will expose you to many areas of the company, senior leaders, and various aspects of Commercial Insurance that will allow you to expand your network, gain valuable knowledge and, and enhance your skills.
- Benefits like Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD and Life Insurance, a pension plan and vacation time, Employee Stock Purchase program, and Tuition Reimbursement.
- Culture of internal mobility, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration in a relaxed environment with a casual dress code.
- A company-wide emphasis on Corporate Social Responsibility. All colleagues receive 8 hours of paid time off for volunteering with the option to join our organized group activities.
- Opportunities to get involved with resource groups, guest speaker lectures, career development events, volunteering, social activities, and more.
- Flexible work opportunities to ensure a healthy work/life balance.
We will count on you to:
- Collaborate directly with our client support team to provide outstanding service to our clients.
- Assist client support team members with gathering and formatting client renewal information, presentations, proposals, and other critical documents that are required when a client’s policy renews.
- Work closely with the supported colleagues for timeline coordination within a client’s renewal.
- Manage and record client and insurer information in our internal systems to ensure timely follow up and review by the client team.
- Assist with the creation or maintenance of policy renewal documents and report on open items.
- Remain current by understanding and following all Marsh compliance, professional and transparency standards.
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree with one to three years’ experience in Insurance, Finance, Accounting or closely related field.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office proficiency. You will mainly use Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Knowledge of basic Excel formulas, pivot tables, and Outlook organization is beneficial.
- Exceptional organizational skills. You will work on multiple accounts and each is at a different stage in the renewal process so being organized is important to your success in this role.
- Strong communication skills. You will collaborate with client teams who are remote so the ability to communicate effectively is key.
- Exceptional time management skills. Although this role is highly collaborative, your work is also self-directed so you will need to effectively manage your time.
- Ability to multi-task to meet deadlines. This is essential to guarantee we’re providing excellent service to our clients at their policy’s renewal.
- Attention to detail is critical to ensure we’re providing accurate information to our client team partners.
- Ability and aptitude to conduct research. You don’t mind digging when you need more information.
Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex/gender, marital or parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Marsh will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or medical need please contact TANA@mmc.com.