Howick Mutual Insurance is an established and well respected Ontario farm mutual, providing insurance to the residents of Huron, Bruce, Grey and surrounding counties for over 145 years. We are seeking a dynamic and results oriented team player to join our underwriting team.
Reporting to the Manager of Underwriting, this position is responsible for underwriting and growing a profitable book of farm insurance business while providing exceptional customer service.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Brokers and other business partners
- Apply technical knowledge and expertise to underwrite and issue new business, renewals, endorsements and cancellations while adhering to binding authority, reinsurance guidelines and company policies
- Meet established goals and service level requirements with a high degree of accuracy
- Provide ongoing support and training to Brokers on product lines and underwriting guidelines
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills to meet workload demands
- Adhere to team and organizational policies and procedures
- Consistently demonstrate professional behaviour and a positive attitude
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Represent the company at industry training and functions, as required Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of agriculture
- Minimum of 3 years of farm insurance experience
- Auto insurance experience considered an asset
- CIP designation, or actively pursuing would be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience working with IBS 5.0 would be considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Detail oriented, sound decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits program in a flexible, people oriented working environment.
If you are interested in this exciting career opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00pm on Friday, October 22, 2021.
We thank you for your interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.