The Product and Pricing Analyst conducts qualitative and quantitative data analysis to assist in pricing and rating new and existing products, as well as in identifying new business opportunities, in order to facilitate the Company planning process. In partnership with the Corporate Underwriting team, the Product and Pricing Analyst contributes to challenging projects to ensure the profitable management and competitiveness of HSB Canada’s insurance products. Reporting to the Director, Underwriting, this role is located at our Head Office in downtown Toronto and is ideal for an innovative thinker with a problem-solving mindset, who is eager to learn.
- Prepare and evaluate monthly, quarterly and annual product line and underwriting reports regarding status, profitability, renewal projections and rates.
- Apply pricing components and rating methodology to price product based on thorough statistical analysis.
- Analyze rate adequacy, including loss and premium trends, production of rate indicators and development of rating structures.
- Design and create automated reports as well as Power BI Dashboard for data retrieval and analysis as needed.
- Continuously build, improve and innovate data, analytics and reporting capabilities.
- Drive and deliver the existing projects and contribute in various pricing projects. Projects are varied and include development and implementation of rating structures.
- Prepare and analyze data for profitability analysis, make recommendations to management with supporting documentation.
- Contribute to the development of materials to support new programs, processes, products and solicit inputs from stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders such as Finance, Treaty, Operation and Claims to optimize analytical and supporting system and process performance.
- Support the market facing teams in their needs for data processing, analysis, mining of data and reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics,
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience with the ability to compile, analyze, present and interpret financial and statistical information from multiple sources to facilitate decision making,
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Excel, Access, VBA), Microsoft Power BI, deep knowledge of databases, analytics tools, and experience with data cubes,
- Insurance analytics experience including a strong understanding of earned premium, incurred claims, loss development and deriving loss costs. P&C personal lines experience is an asset,
- Organizational and time management skills to prioritize workloads and multiple projects and meet time sensitive deadlines with high degree of accuracy,
- Ability to translate findings from analytics to concrete suggestion for business opportunities,
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills,
- Strong team player, able to contribute in a collaborative environment,
- Expert analytical skills,
- A positive, professional attitude is essential for this role,
- French language skills (written and spoken) are an asset,
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference PPA.1021-BW and send a covering letter along with a resume to: Apply Here.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.