Red River Mutual is a progressive insurance company with a focus on our customers and employees. We believe everyone has a right to feel safe and protected, and to know that someone is looking out for them. So we treat our employees like family members – we’ll be honest with them, support them, offer a listening ear, admit when we’re wrong and be a positive force in their lives and in our communities.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Product and Innovation Specialist is responsible for the development, maintenance, and refinement of Red River Mutual’s product portfolio. This includes existing product offerings, broker and underwriting manuals, rating tools and new product/wordings research and development to contribute to the growth and profitability of the company’s portfolio.
HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS IS FOR YOU?
- You are passionate about insurance and want to apply your technical insurance expertise to wording & product innovation
- You’ve worked with wordings, or as an intermediate/senior underwriter had experience reviewing and assessing coverage, and are ready to start a new chapter in your career
- You thrive working with a small team of passionate insurance professionals to get stuff done!
- You want to take your analytical skills and apply them to support a rapidly growing organization
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Facilitate the idea generation and creative product portfolio design process.
- Conduct product and market research and comparisons and provide recommendations to leadership.
- Identify general rate implications of product introductions or changes.
- Ensure compliance with legal, licensing and regulatory compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of current market trends, wording development and product offerings.
- Conduct product reviews with underwriting teams.
- Present new product, distribution ideas, and other innovation proposals to the Company.
- Work with IT for implementation of product, pricing, coverage, wordings and other systems changes.
- Champion change, provide training to appropriate internal stakeholders including but not limited to business development, underwriting, claims, & loss prevention.
- Facilitate updates to broker and underwriting manuals and rating tools when appropriate.
- Work cross-functionally within Red River Mutual departments (marketing, human resources, broker relations, claims etc.) to meet objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Superior Strong analytical, research & communication skills.
- High attention to detail and organization.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively with key stakeholders.
- Degree in business or related field, or equivalent relevant industry experience.
- Experience in policy wording and/or product development and refinement an asset.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in underwriting; in commercial, personal lines or farm/agriculture sector.
- Preference will be given to those with farm/agriculture background
- General insurance knowledge, including working towards or completed a CIP designation or equivalent education an asset.