Please submit a cover letter and resume to apply for this position.
For more than 100 years, CNA has been providing insurance solutions to over 1 million businesses worldwide. CNA Canada has five strategically placed offices in Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary and Vancouver, making our friendly and knowledgeable staff easily accessible to our customers.
At CNA, we do not just employ people, we provide people with fulfilling careers with many opportunities and room for growth within the industry. We are a company that is constantly evolving and we take pride in our culture and values. When you join the CNA team, you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. CNA is committed to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company.
We are focused on success, individually and collectively. Our dedication to employee engagement and the open exchange of ideas is the cornerstone of our business. These ideals, combined with our focus on the customer, have enabled us to explore new market opportunities and build on our success.
Each person at CNA plays an important role in the success of our business, join us and make an impact!
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for implementing and administering Equipment Breakdown Risk Engineering activities in support of the Engineered Property Underwriting Group according to the Company’s underwriting guidelines and requirements.
· Coordinate and carry out risk control activities to manage and organize risk assessments and evaluations via virtual, desk top and onsite surveys as per Underwriting Utilization of Risk Control Guidelines.
· Ensure that risk assessments & evaluations are provided on renewal and new business within best practice timeframes
· Collaborate with Underwriting in the development of service plans and objectives for major Equipment Breakdown (EB) client accounts and provide ongoing support as an acting account engineer.
· Implement enterprise Equipment Breakdown Risk Control (EBRC) best practices in the assessment and evaluation of EB risks that supports the selection and retention of profitable business.
· Coordinate with (EBRC) Regional Director in administering the CNA quality assurance program for in-service jurisdictional inspection requirements.
· Collaborate with EBRC Operations team to manage the Jurisdictional needs of clients and underwriting and ensure CNA is in compliance with provincial regulations in both Ontario and Quebec.
· The ability to take a lead role as appropriate in developing, implementing and monitoring risk control and risk improvement plans for accounts that warrant high-level skills and/or expertise.
· Conduct claims investigations of high-hazard risks as required.
· Assist in the development of new, innovative products and services based on knowledge of emerging trends in EB coverage or specific SIC occupancies. Identify and research risk exposures to develop strategic solutions and keep abreast of industry issues and challenges
May perform additional duties as assigned.
In all responsibilities and interactions, all employees are expected to adopt and align with CNA’s Winning Behaviours – to be externally focused, accountable, collaborative, innovative, inclusive and continuously learning.
· In-depth knowledge of boiler machinery & equipment breakdown risk exposure and control via assessment as they pertain to power generation (cogeneration, hydro, renewable energy, mining) and additionally you have exposure to complex commercial & industrial occupancies.
· Uses knowledge of risk control techniques, trends relating to industries, emerging issues, classes of business, etc. to assess highly unusual loss potential and or highly complex statute violations and recommend actions
· Deep industry knowledge in one or more specific NDE techniques.
· Capable of developing consequential and indirect damage assessments and evaluations; PML & MFL determination on equipment breakdown objects/machinery etc.
· Ability to complete investigations on very high value objects and indirect loss exposures
· Proven track record of effectively dealing with Risk Managers, Senior Engineers, Brokers, and regulatory officials
· A good communicator and team player with strong analytical, technical, and organizational skills.
· Competency in word processing and analytical computer applications.
· Good report writing skills are essential
· Valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle
Education & Experience:
· A University/College Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in Engineering, Technology, or Science (Mechanical, Electrical or Civil)
· A sound knowledge of applicable risk control engineering standards, ability recognize risk hazards and protection associated with power generation (cogeneration, hydro, renewable energy, mining), additionally exposure to complex commercial & industrial occupancies.
· Experience gained from a minimum of 7 to 10 years of relevant field inspection & assessment combined with account engineering of equipment breakdown risks.
· Ideally the successful candidate has a valid or working towards a Ontario Certificate of Competency for the inspection of boilers and pressure vessels; as well as an active National Board Commission.
· Extensive knowledge and application of the ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code, National Board Inspection Code, provincial jurisdictional laws and regulations & standards that apply to maintenance, inspection/testing, and protection of equipment & electrical systems.
· Ability to review and comment on the appropriateness of specific repairs and alterations for very large and highly complex types of pressure equipment.
· Able to climb ladders of varying heights and enter confined spaces
· Ability and willingness to travel throughout Ontario predominately and Canada occasionally.
As a full-time employee your benefits include:
· A competitive salary
· An annual performance bonus
· A pension plan
· Flexible work hours
· Top of the line medical and dental insurance
· And many more benefits (fitness subsidy, in-house training, etc.)
We are excited to learn more about you!