Business Development Representative (Field Underwriting) – Toronto
This full-time position provides timely, knowledgeable and professional service to our Brokers and Client Companies (Assumed) within our underwriting guidelines. As a member of our team of Business Development Representatives located across Canada, you will be responsible for an assigned territory with use of a company car. As a Business Development Representative, you will be responsible for underwriting of larger accounts.
- Be the product expert in your marketplace and deliver the innovative, forward-thinking risk solutions and coverage our clients count on.
- Grow your book by developing new business and retaining renewals. Service existing business promptly and professionally through client visits, seminars, quotations and renewal underwriting.
- Attend industry functions, conventions, and associations in a public relations capacity. Work independently and in partnership with our client support and inspections team.
- Managing assigned territory and client group.
- Identifying new market opportunities and initiating contacts
- Perform underwriting of larger commercial accounts.
- University Degree or College Diploma;
- CIP or enrolled in the CIP program;
- 4+ years in Commercial Property & Casualty, including experience in Commercial Underwriting of larger accounts;
- Dedicated to and experienced in exceptional sales/marketing and/or customer relationship management
- Computer competency;
- Experienced in work planning, time and territory management;
- Confident presentation ability and practiced negotiation skills;
- Technical knowledge or interest is an asset but not a requirement;
- Valid driver’s license.
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference BDT-0621-BW and please click the link: Apply Here
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
More search results
Business Development Account Manager
Vice President of Claim
Kent & Essex Mutual Insurance
Contractor Account Manager (Remote)
Crawford and Company
Product Management Specialist (P&C Insurance) - 1…
Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada
Saskatchewan Mutual Insurance