Driven by technology and fuelled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful workplace experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit: https://www.munichre.com/hsbcanada
The SVP and Chief Distribution Officer is accountable for product distribution operations and insurance revenue, including broker and treaty reinsurance distribution channels, premium revenue and earning recognition, and supporting services and systems. He/she maintains a high profile with key senior executives of clients and ensures staffing, planning and organizational development are optimized to ensure revenue goals are achieved, along with coordination among distribution channels as new opportunities are prioritized and pursued. Revenue planning, market strategy, forecasting and performance analysis are directed by the Chief Distribution Officer to ensure functional areas across the company are engaged to establish effective processes for client care and servicing plans that address customer requirements, using efficient and scalable business processes and modern technologies. The Chief Distribution Officer plays a key role in specifying systems requirements and investments required to support and drive revenue streams, as well as integrating new product strategies. Works closely with the CEO and supports the setting of organizational goals and strategies, talent development needs, as well as provides leadership & support to the broader executive team, as needed. Establishes and maintains a positive profile in the industry and with key executive counterparts in client, broker and MGA organizations.
- Strategy: Responsible for development and execution of market strategies across all channels, contributing to overall company revenue goals, as well as product line profitability targets and financial milestones.
- Management: Work closely with the CEO, support fellow executives and provide leadership to the broader organization to drive innovation, collaboration, and data-driven decision making.
- Client Connections: Build and maintain close rapport at c-suite level with brokers, MGA’s and client partners.
- Growth: Accountable for P&L responsibility for assigned business lines and directs activities in the multi channel, national sales and distribution operations across all channels, including sales programs, pricing structures and distribution policies.
- Work with the heads of distribution channels to prepare sales forecasts for short & long term planning, oversee sales forecasts by customer groups.
- Guide and develop distribution and sales teams; develop talent that fosters a high caliber inclusive sales team, focused on meeting company goals and long term ambition.
- Operations and Risk: Ensure that prudential market conduct regulations, applicable areas of risk management and compliance are adhered to.
- Provide key insight and guidance in strategic investment decisions to support distribution processes and client management programs, as well as product introductions and supporting activities.
- Participate in quarterly Board meetings to report on revenue, profitability, planning and business development results.
- Act as liaison and representative of HSB Canada at various industry, corporate and client events.
- University level education in business, finance, actuarial science or equivalent
- 12+ years in leadership or executive positions and relevant P&C insurance industry experience
- Strategic and forward thinking, expertise in business general management, including planning & forecasting
- Ability to manage distribution strategies and client relationships
- Excellent leadership qualities including in areas of team and individual development
- Strong understanding of prudential market conduct regulations, capital requirements required to support growth and pricing considerations driven by capital and/or reinsurance structures
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Completion of CIP/FCIP designation, financial or other relevant P&C insurance experience
- Based at Head Office in downtown Toronto, with ability to travel as required
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference SVP- 0821-BW please click: Apply Here
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
More search results
Business Development Account Manager
Vice President of Claim
Kent & Essex Mutual Insurance
Contractor Account Manager (Remote)
Crawford and Company
Product Management Specialist (P&C Insurance) - 1…
Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada
Saskatchewan Mutual Insurance