Foster Park Brokers Inc. is a truly independent insurance brokerage. As one of Western Canada's largest independent insurance brokers, we are able to provide a team focused and rewarding work environment. What makes us different? We strongly believe in cultivating an environment of collaboration, innovation and integrity - key ingredients to our continuous growth. Foster Park has a supportive environment and believes in a culture that truly embraces work-life integrity, allowing you to enjoy your career as well as other important areas of your life (like family and friends)!
Our experience and expertise comes from a talented and enjoyable group of people. We are always searching for those individuals who are passionate about what they do and believe in working together to achieve results. We offer a great place to work and provide a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. Plus, we have a positive work environment, where we work hard but we still love to have fun!
If you are interested in joining us, Foster Park is seeking an Account Assistant, Commercial Insurance based in our Edmonton Office.
The Account Assistant is responsible for providing support and technical assistance to the Account Management team by processing mail, preparing, and issuing documents (endorsements, pink cards, certificates, client binders, etc.) and handling general client inquiries and other general administrative functions for all office locations. May also be required to assist in preparation of renewals and new business binders/documentation.
- Provide technical assistance to Account Management Team on assigned accounts
- Provide support by preparing and issuing documents, composing correspondence, reports, spreadsheets, letters, etc.
- May be required to answer calls and handling general inquiries
- Prepares and maintains information systems and files
- Assists with new clients file set up
- Maintain and follow up on abeyances regularly
- Receive, distribute and processes incoming emails, mail, etc.
- Maintain renewal lists and commence renewal process
- Provides backup to other members of the department as required
- Perform other duties as required.
- Work effectively to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance productivity/effectiveness
- Ability to prioritize daily activities and solve work related problems
- Independent, process oriented with attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others (internal/external clients)
- Anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet expectations
- Comply with company policies and procedures
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- High School Diploma
- Alberta Insurance Council General License
- 1-2 years general office experience; in a broker environment would be an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software and web-based applications
More search results
Business Development Account Manager
Vice President of Claim
Kent & Essex Mutual Insurance
Contractor Account Manager (Remote)
Crawford and Company
Product Management Specialist (P&C Insurance) - 1…
Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada
Saskatchewan Mutual Insurance