We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual with a technical aptitude and ideally, a large commercial property, energy or equipment breakdown underwriting background, to join our Technical Risk Underwriting Solutions Team (TRusT). We work in a small, but dynamic group with a strong focus on teamwork. We work with top tier brokers from major hubs across Canada. Our clients include renewable energy power companies, heavy industry companies in primary industries, including: pulp and paper, steel, power generation and mining. In TRusT we value our client and broker relationships; we pride ourselves on being agile, client centric and solution driven. Our candidate should be a self-starter, want to work with a diverse and wonderful team, have a curious mind, and be keen to learn and help grow our business and contribute to the success of our Property All Risks and High Hazard Equipment Breakdown portfolios.
- Review and assess new business and renewal submissions.
- Analyze risks and exposures to underwrite our Equipment Breakdown and Renewable Energy Property All Risks accounts.
- Prepare and conduct presentations to a wide range of audiences.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, brokers, and client companies.
- Represent HSB Canada and participate in industry functions nationally.
- College or University degree/diploma or equivalent.
- CIP or enrolled in CIP program, an asset.
- CRM or enrolled an asset.
- Commercial Property or Equipment Breakdown Underwriting or other appropriate technical experience.
- Proficient in Excel and MS Office applications.
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Advanced analytical & problem solving skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted
More search results
Business Development Account Manager
Vice President of Claim
Kent & Essex Mutual Insurance
Contractor Account Manager (Remote)
Crawford and Company
Product Management Specialist (P&C Insurance) - 1…
Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada
Saskatchewan Mutual Insurance