Executive Assistant – CUO and VP Claims
Please submit a cover letter and resume to apply for this position.
For more than 100 years, CNA has been providing insurance solutions to over 1 million businesses worldwide. CNA Canada has five strategically placed offices in Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary and Vancouver, making our friendly and knowledgeable staff easily accessible to our customers.
At CNA, we do not just employ people, we provide people with fulfilling careers with many opportunities and room for growth within the industry. We are a company that is constantly evolving and we take pride in our culture and values. When you join the CNA team, you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. CNA is committed to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company.
We are focused on success, individually and collectively. Our dedication to employee engagement and the open exchange of ideas is the cornerstone of our business. These ideals, combined with our focus on the customer, have enabled us to explore new market opportunities and build on our success.
Each person at CNA plays an important role in the success of our business, join us and make an impact!
Job Profile Summary
The assistant will be supporting Underwriting and Claims Leaders through the CNA Toronto office. This person will use good judgment and discretion in providing direct administrative support, project management and present key performance data for management through the +ableau platform. This role gives the successful candidate significant insight into the underwriting and claims operations of a Canadian insurance company. The role allows for increased exposure and responsibility with demonstrated successful execution of assigned tasks. The role is expected to be able to work independently to assist the CUO and Claims Leader in their daily operations, coordinate resources from across the company and to be knowledgeable with the +ableau data program.
- Coordinates meeting logistics, including agenda development, meeting materials and distribution, attendance, audio visual, room reservations, and catering needs. Assists in taking meeting notes or drafting minutes
- Attend meetings, track deliverables and follow-up with key personnel to meet deadlines
- Develop staff memorandums, power point presentations and research/enhance strategies as directed;
- Coordinated business travel arrangements, ensuring that all necessary materials and supplies are assembled and itineraries are prepared including flights, hotels and transportation
- Assist in organizing Town Hall meetings, Leadership Meetings and events
- Assist in co-ordinating Chicago Home Office and International executive visits
- Work collaboratively and effectively with Branch Managers, Home Office & International colleagues
- Work with CUO to understand the objectives of each project and to put together a timeline and coordinate resources to execute to completion
- Chair monthly update meetings, recognize barriers to completion and work with CUO to find alternative solutions
- Manage outside translation services in conjunction with projects
- Work with Marketing to execute product launches, training initiatives and customer segment initiatives
- Participate in training initiatives, working as a reader to provide feedback on effectiveness and assisting CNA Canada in building an industry leading training regime
- Create monthly dashboard for leading indicators of underwriting production, expenses and profitability
- Work with the CUO to understand the metrics and research the data in order to inform underwriting strategies
- Assist the Head of Claims with administrative services
- Manages special projects as directed by leadership team
In all responsibilities and interactions, all employees are expected to adopt and align with CNA’s Winning Behaviours – to be externally focused, accountable, collaborative, innovative, inclusive and continuously learning.
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong proficiency with word processing applications, preparing presentations, spreadsheets and databases required. (Experience with Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat). Working knowledge of +ableau is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information with absolute discretion required.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to maintain files required.
- Ability to maintain calm and courteous demeanor and to work productively despite heavy workload, competing priorities, complex problems, and tight deadlines required.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Ability to exercise flexibility and contribute to the overall work of the team.
- Considerable skill in working both independently and as a team member required.
- Ability to take initiative required.
- Bilingual (French/English) is an asset but not required
As a full-time employee your benefits include:
· A competitive salary
· An annual performance bonus
· A pension plan
· Flexible work hours
· Top of the line medical and dental insurance
· And many more benefits (fitness subsidy, in-house training, etc.)
We are excited to learn more about you!
At CNA, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, CNA will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.