Director, Consumer & Industry Relations
Insurance Bureau of Canada
Regional Offices (Ontario Region)
Reporting to: Vice-President, Ontario
Location: 777 Bay Street, Toronto
Posting Date: June 28, 2021
Closing Date: TBD
*Director, Consumer & Industry Relations*
Contribute to the Region’s outstanding member relations activities while advancing key strategic priorities. This is to be done in collaboration with the regional and national team(s) of IBC, while reporting to the Vice-President, Ontario.
You are an experienced insurance professional, with an in-depth background in property and casualty insurance and a confident public speaker and presenter. Media Relations and Issues Management experience is an asset as is knowledge of government relations.
You will also manage the Ontario Region’s Consumer Information Centre, which involves tracking consumer calls and emails through CRM; ensuring prompt and accurate information, and the ability to generate and analyze reports.
Using your excellent organizational, relationship management and public speaking skills you will lead Consumer and Community Relations efforts identifying and managing multiple key issues, work with members, stakeholders and consumer groups, be able to travel to events throughout the province as required, and deliver professional presentations.
Lead IBC’s Ontario Community Assistance Mobile Pavilion to provide timely insurance support to communities impacted by disasters. Work collaboratively with insurance companies and local/provincial emergency management staff.
Use your commercial insurance knowledge and attention to detail to coordinate and support IBC’s Ontario – Business Insurance Action Team (BIAT)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, update, and execute member and consumer strategies
- Organize, facilitate, and support industry sub-committees of the Ontario Committee
- Collaborate with industry, as prescribed by the Ontario Committee
- Represent IBC with various government departments and representatives as assigned
- Represent industry on provincial & municipal government committees as assigned
- Report to the Vice-President, Ontario and work closely with the Government Relations team to accomplish the above
- Work with stakeholders in identifying areas when IBC can help with education issues and coordinate training sessions, when required
- Conduct response(s) to media requests and interviews as directed
- Sustain and lead a professional Consumer Information Centre team for the Ontario Region to ensure prompt and professional responses to consumer inquiries, effectively liaising with members and other agencies
- Track and Co-ordinate Commercial Insurance – BIAT program for Ontario Region
- Minimum, 10 year’s experience in the P&C industry
- CIP/FCIP designation
- University degree in business administration/marketing/public relations or equivalent business experience
- Knowledge of provincial and municipal government operations
- Public speaking skills including media relations
- Excellent business writing skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Excellent team building and self-management skills
- Conflict management, negotiation and risk management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel & PowerPoint
Please send résumé to:
Human Resources Department
Contact: Azan Khan
IBC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. This position qualifies under the Employee Referral Program.
IBC is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to a commitment to excellence, IBC is committed to fostering a diverse and respectful workplace and welcomes applications from all identity groups.