Senior Broker / Team Lead, Financial Services
Team Lead / Senior Broker - Financial Services Group (Toronto)
Our Financial Services Group in Canada is looking for a creative, charismatic Senior Broker / Team Lead to join our highly collaborative and high-performing team!
Perhaps you have a strong underwriting background and are looking to apply those skills in a new & exciting way. Maybe you’ve been a Broker and are looking for a new challenge where you will be encouraged to find creative & innovative ways to add value to your clients. Your Directors & Officers (D&O) experience will be invaluable in mentoring other team members & servicing your clients in a time sensitive and highly competitive industry environment.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is highly adaptable and interested to work with a wide variety of clients and to also take on special projects as time and workload allows.
Note: Work from home is a long-term possibility for the right person as sole contributor as a Senior Broker, as is a hybrid arrangement of work-from-home and in-office time for the Team Lead / Senior Broker.
Your impact as a Team Lead / Senior Broker, Financial Services:
- People management responsibilities; leading a team of four Brokers
- Provides guidance, training and mentoring to assist in the development of less experienced Brokers within the national group
- Builds productive working relationships with peers and higher-level professionals internally and externally to exchange information and make recommendations
- Establishes contacts and cultivates relationships within the underwriting community in an effort to achieve the best premiums and coverage for Aon clients
- Collaborates with sales producers to support growth strategies and specific prospecting activities
- Collaborates to build national initiatives around the Executive Risk lines of coverage
- Handles renewal and new business opportunities
- Participates in client and prospect meetings
- Collaborates with clients to develop coverage strategy and marketing initiatives for renewal and prospective business
- Analyzes client specific risk exposure and details coverage requirements
- Prepares and presents marketing proposals for renewals and new business
- Negotiates with underwriters to establish best terms and conditions with respect to premiums and coverage
- Approves documentation for new contracts, policy changes, additions, deletions and renewals
- Special Projects as time and workload permit
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Commerce, Finance, Business or similar area of focus is considered ideal, but not mandatory
- 5+ years experience in Directors and Officers (D&O) Insurance
- Broker license (s) a definite asset
- Proven flexibility and resilience to succeed in a fast-paced, high-change environment
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal, to support trusted-advisor style relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Insurance background and knowledge is essential
- Commitment to ongoing learning through pursuit of designations in CRM, CAIB and CIP OR similar and courses and seminars.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
More search results
Business Development Account Manager
Vice President of Claim
Kent & Essex Mutual Insurance
Contractor Account Manager (Remote)
Crawford and Company
Product Management Specialist (P&C Insurance) - 1…
Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada
Saskatchewan Mutual Insurance