Senior Claims Adjuster
Please submit a cover letter and resume to apply for this position.
For more than 100 years, CNA has been providing insurance solutions to over 1 million businesses worldwide. CNA Canada has five strategically placed offices in Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary and Vancouver, making our friendly and knowledgeable staff easily accessible to our customers.
At CNA, we do not just employ people, we provide people with fulfilling careers with many opportunities and room for growth within the industry. We are a company that is constantly evolving and we take pride in our culture and values. When you join the CNA team, you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. CNA is committed to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company.
We are focused on success, individually and collectively. Our dedication to employee engagement and the open exchange of ideas is the cornerstone of our business. These ideals, combined with our focus on the customer, have enabled us to explore new market opportunities and build on our success.
Each person at CNA plays an important role in the success of our business, join us and make an impact!
Job Profile Summary
The Senior Claims Adjuster will be responsible for the following:
Efficient management of moderate to high complexity Commercial Statutory Accident Benefit with some Auto Bodily Injury claims, including:
- Sets reserves and authorizes payment within scope of authority, effectively settling claims in most cost effective manner and ensuring timely issuance of disbursements.
- Coordinates and adjusts investigations of moderate to high complexity claims through communication with insured’s and external vendors.
- Assignment of Independent adjusters/surveyors and attorneys in accordance with established guidelines, where needed.
- Attends settlement meetings, mediations and pre-trials.
- Contributes to profitability by effective implementation of claim handling best practices to direct loss cost and claim expense.
- Work closely with all levels of CNA’s internal and external business partners to share knowledge and developments on claims.
- Ensure proper reports are done in a timely manner and sent to the appropriate Head Office department.
- Makes recommendations on claims policy and processes to further enhance the claim department.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks and projects as assigned.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
- Some travel required (mostly local)
In all responsibilities and interactions, all employees are expected to adopt and align with CNA’s Winning Behaviours to be inclusive, externally focused, accountable, collaborative, innovative, and continuously learning.
- CIP, FCIP, CRM preferred
- University, College degree or equivalent business experience of at least 8-10years of accident benefit experience;
- Strong knowledge of industry trends, issues, Canadian and regulations.
- Customer service focused
- Strong analytical, interpretation, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conceptualize details and develop action plans for problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, work under pressure and handle high volumes of work
- Comfortable working in a paperless and technologically based environment.
- Bilingualism an asset (French and English)
As a full-time employee your benefits include:
· A competitive salary
· An annual performance bonus
· A pension plan
· Flexible work hours
· Top of the line medical and dental insurance
· And many more benefits (fitness subsidy, in-house training, etc.)
We are excited to learn more about you!
At CNA, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, CNA will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.
More search results
Business Development Account Manager
Vice President of Claim
Kent & Essex Mutual Insurance
Contractor Account Manager (Remote)
Crawford and Company
Product Management Specialist (P&C Insurance) - 1…
Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada
Saskatchewan Mutual Insurance