Please submit a cover letter and resume to apply for this position.
For more than 100 years, CNA has been providing insurance solutions to over 1 million businesses worldwide. CNA Canada has five strategically placed offices in Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary and Vancouver, making our friendly and knowledgeable staff easily accessible to our customers.
At CNA, we do not just employ people, we provide people with fulfilling careers with many opportunities and room for growth within the industry. We are a company that is constantly evolving and we take pride in our culture and values. When you join the CNA team, you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. CNA is committed to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company.
We are focused on success, individually and collectively. Our dedication to employee engagement and the open exchange of ideas is the cornerstone of our business. These ideals, combined with our focus on the customer, have enabled us to explore new market opportunities and build on our success.
Each person at CNA plays an important role in the success of our business, join us and make an impact!
Job Profile Summary
The Risk Control Consultant is responsible for providing overall risk assessment, evaluation, consulting and technical support for new and renewal accounts for the purpose of making risk determinations for underwriting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- On-site client visits to analyze and evaluate hazards and controls to assist underwriting in adequate risk selection & pricing of commercial, industrial and oil & gas industry contractor business
- Prepare comprehensive reports that highlight your assessment, evaluation of risks and recommend risk improvement solutions to assist in risk selection
- Support the branch and risk control business strategies by promoting risk control “value added” products and services to clients and brokers
- Develop and maintain business relationships with internal & external partners to positively impact branch business plans
- Provide risk improvement consultation to commercial customers to positively impact their loss ratio and deliver value that influences their insurance buying decision
- Maintain up to date skills and knowledge of risk control requirements, commercial underwriting guidelines, standards and best practices
- Develop & conduct education and training program for internal and external customers on as needed basis
In all responsibilities and interactions, all employees are expected to adopt and align with CNA’s Winning Behaviours – to be externally focused, accountable, collaborative, innovative, inclusive and continuously learning.
SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Engineering degree or equivalent (e.g., Chemical, Mechanical, Fire Protection, Industrial)
- Possess or working towards insurance industry designations & certifications (i.e. CIP, CRM)
- Over 5 years of experience as a risk control consultant with a sound proficiency in Property & Casualty (G.L, Products Liability & Auto) risk control skills
- Strong knowledge in/or working with Oil & Gas Drilling Service Contractors (specifically in Completion & Workover Operations) is highly desired
- In-depth technical & engineering knowledge of risk control practices, procedures and standards (i.e. NFPA, FM, Building & Fire Codes)
- Must have strong understanding and experience performing sprinkler system and water supply analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy, detailed oriented & demonstrate strong time management skills
- Strong analytical, technical, negotiation and presentation skills
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and willingness to travel throughout Alberta and Saskatchewan
- Excellent MS Office skills
As a full-time employee your benefits include:
· A competitive salary
· An annual performance bonus
· A pension plan
· Flexible work hours
· Top of the line medical and dental insurance
· And many more benefits (fitness subsidy, in-house training, etc.)
We are excited to learn more about you!
At CNA, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, CNA will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.