Please submit a cover letter and resume to apply for this position.
For more than 100 years, CNA has been providing insurance solutions to over 1 million businesses worldwide. CNA Canada has five strategically placed offices in Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary and Vancouver, making our friendly and knowledgeable staff easily accessible to our customers.
At CNA, we do not just employ people, we provide people with fulfilling careers with many opportunities and room for growth within the industry. We are a company that is constantly evolving and we take pride in our culture and values. When you join the CNA team, you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. CNA is committed to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company.
We are focused on success, individually and collectively. Our dedication to employee engagement and the open exchange of ideas is the cornerstone of our business. These ideals, combined with our focus on the customer, have enabled us to explore new market opportunities and build on our success.
Each person at CNA plays an important role in the success of our business, join us and make an impact!
Job Profile Summary
Reporting to the SVP, Chief Underwriting Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible to underwrite existing auto portfolio while supporting new business production in an effort to maximize underwriting profitability. Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Risk analysis, pricing, negotiating, setting terms, and referrals to management as necessary on renewal portfolio and new business.
- Submitting, negotiating, and referring reinsurance when required.
- Review of claim and actuary reports taking underwriting action as required.
- Manage all premiums including new business, renewals and endorsements within corporate guidelines
- Complete underwriting reports, review and follow-up on recommendations of inspections, and analyze loss experience
- Portfolio management of existing accounts to ensure targeted profitability and renewal retention
- Ensure all new business and renewals are properly documented to required standards.
- Develop and manage relationships with broker partners. Complete sales calls and assist in development of joint sales plans utilizing Salesforce.
- Perform and execute on underwriting audit action items, as required.
- Ensure service standards for document handling and workflow is appropriate and timely for business unit.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
In all responsibilities and interactions, all employees are expected to adopt and align with CNA’s Winning Behaviours to be inclusive, externally focused, accountable, collaborative, innovative, and continuously learning.
- University degree, combined with CIP or FCIP designation (or progress towards completion), at least 6 years of commercial auto underwriting experience;
- Familiarity with other Provincial auto systems and national account underwriting
- Familiarity with the Ontario market as well as prior Construction and Manufacturing experience is considered an asset.
- Strong marketing skills to ensure profitable growth of a book of business.
- Must have familiarity with the brokers in the community and expertise and knowledge of distribution and the competitive market environment.
- Customer service focused. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, interpretation, organizational and time management skills. Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to conceptualize details and develop action plans for problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, making sound underwriting decisions with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
As a full-time employee your benefits include:
- A competitive salary
- An annual performance bonus
- A pension plan
- Flexible work hours
- Top of the line medical and dental insurance
- And many more benefits (fitness subsidy, in-house training, etc.)
We are excited to learn more about you!
At CNA, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, CNA will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.