Claims Adjuster, Strategic Products
HSB BI&I is currently seeking an individual to join our team of experts as a Claims Adjuster in our Head Office located in downtown Toronto. The right individual for this opportunity is client focused and self-driven. The main focus of the Claims Adjuster is the prompt, professional and effective investigation and adjustment of the specialized personal line claims. Come partner with our team and act as a key HSB BI&I liaison as we continue to strategically strengthen HSB BI&I’s claims capabilities and our clients’ experiences.
In compliance with established company standards and procedures, and in observance of superior customer service practices, the main responsibilities of this position involve:
- Full-cycle claims handling; from First Notice of Loss to final settlement and payment
- Negotiate settlements and other challenges to resolve claims
- Interact with insureds and client companies to provide advice and guidance towards effective resolution of claims
- University Degree and/or CIP designation completed or in process
- 3+ years related work experience processing personal property lines (home or equipment) claims
- Capable of managing a large workload while working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong negotiation skills partnered with excellent customer service skills and relationship building skills
- Ability to exercise good judgement and strong analytical thinking
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in MS Office
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference CASP-0721-BW and please click on the link: Apply Here
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.