Please submit a cover letter and resume to apply for this position.
12 month contract position.
For more than 100 years, CNA has been providing insurance solutions to over 1 million businesses worldwide. CNA Canada has five strategically placed offices in Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary and Vancouver, making our friendly and knowledgeable staff easily accessible to our customers.
At CNA, we do not just employ people, we provide people with fulfilling careers with many opportunities and room for growth within the industry. We are a company that is constantly evolving and we take pride in our culture and values. When you join the CNA team, you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. CNA is committed to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company.
We are focused on success, individually and collectively. Our dedication to employee engagement and the open exchange of ideas is the cornerstone of our business. These ideals, combined with our focus on the customer, have enabled us to explore new market opportunities and build on our success.
Each person at CNA plays an important role in the success of our business, join us and make an impact!
Job Profile Summary
We require an experienced Project Manager who can confidently plan, manage and lead teams to successfully deploy complex IT projects consisting of one or more project teams. The Project Manager leads in-house and/or vendor teams to develop new capabilities and to enhance/support existing applications. They manage relationships and act as liaison between the development teams, client organizations, and other stakeholders throughout the project cycle.
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Manages and directs one or more project teams to meet complex project objectives. May manage multiple projects in parallel. Projects may be waterfall, agile or hybrid.
- Coordinates, schedules, assigns project tasks, builds teams, leads sprints and maintains working relationships with the functional areas outside of IT.
- Reviews, evaluates and formulates project plans, schedules and budgets. Typical project budget: $250,000 - $1,000,000.
- Allocates staff and budget resources to meet changing corporate needs.
- Identifies and negotiates schedules, risks, milestones and resources required to meet project objectives.
- Evaluates and reports progress in terms of quality and performance metrics. Modifies schedules as required.
- Presents project updates to key stakeholders and senior IT/business leadership.
- Works with client departments to coordinate project activities including systems testing, installation, training and support.
- Uses appropriate systems development methodologies to structure and organize the tasks to be completed by the team.
- Provides input on performance of team members and may provide feedback.
- Stays up to date on trends and developments within functional area of expertise and the insurance industry.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
In all responsibilities and interactions, all employees are expected to adopt and align with CNA’s Winning Behaviours – to be externally focused, accountable, collaborative, innovative, inclusive and continuously learning.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Typically a minimum of seven years related experience
- Applicable certifications preferred (PMP and/or CSM)
- Proven project management/scrum master skills to lead projects from inception to implementation.
- In-depth knowledge and ability to apply project development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Hybrid), reporting techniques, and measurement techniques.
- Ability to influence and lead without direct authority
- A solid knowledge of the system development life cycle, and system and application program development technological alternatives.
- Proven knowledge of Insurance functions and systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal and consultative skills to work effectively with clients, peers, and management and staff.
- Able to foster working relationships with the team and client departments.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Jira, MS Project and other business related software systems.
We are excited to learn more about you!
At CNA, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, CNA will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.