Please submit a cover letter and resume to apply for this position.
For more than 100 years, CNA has been providing insurance solutions to over 1 million businesses worldwide. CNA Canada has five strategically placed offices in Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary and Vancouver, making our friendly and knowledgeable staff easily accessible to our customers.
At CNA, we do not just employ people, we provide people with fulfilling careers with many opportunities and room for growth within the industry. We are a company that is constantly evolving and we take pride in our culture and values. When you join the CNA team, you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. CNA is committed to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company.
We are focused on success, individually and collectively. Our dedication to employee engagement and the open exchange of ideas is the cornerstone of our business. These ideals, combined with our focus on the customer, have enabled us to explore new market opportunities and build on our success.
Each person at CNA plays an important role in the success of our business, join us and make an impact!
Job Profile Summary
Under technical direction, Individual contributor, representing a high level of technical knowledge, who works with business area, technology representatives and others in support of a program or project. Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on user needs and an understanding of the business system requirements. Leads project teams or work groups and may be the primary project contact for functional area. Accountable for assignments or projects that are high in priority, visibility and/or complexity.
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Senior technical analyst and process team lead for projects in functional area.
- Works collaboratively with stakeholders and plans and conducts working sessions to elicit and review business requirements as approved by senior management.
- Develops strategy and implements approach for creation of deliverables and all supporting documentation for the concept and definition phases of the project.
- Performs necessary research to fully understand the business issues, develop possible solutions and to support development of innovative, cost effective solutions, and recommends most viable business/technology solutions to management for approval.
- Ensures appropriate resources are assigned to project teams, manages resources and teams, and reviews and provides input on performance of team members as appropriate.
- As appropriate, oversees design reviews to ensure project/system designs meet business needs.
- Acts as technical resource on best practices, which may include technology or other business/functional areas.
- Continuously learning new trends and developments within functional area of expertise and the insurance industry.
- May participate in or lead the evaluation of software packages as they relate to the project/functional area.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
In all responsibilities and interactions, all employees are expected to adopt and align with CNA’s Winning Behaviours – to be externally focused, accountable, collaborative, innovative, inclusive and continuously learning.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A solid understanding of the insurance industry, its products, practices and operations.
- Proven knowledge of client area's business and systems.
- Proven knowledge of the system development life cycle, and technology alternatives; understanding of interface design and user centered work methods.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Excellent client and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with internal and external business partners.
- Ability to lead teams on short-term basis and to coach and mentor staff at all levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to convey business requirements and technical needs in clear, concise, and effective manner.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and other business related software systems, which may include solid knowledge of the system/application development life cycle and technological alternatives.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Typically a minimum of four (4) years’ experience in business analysis or other related field, i.e. accounting, finance, insurance operations, or computer science with prior experience identifying and documenting business requirements.
- Project leadership experience desirable.
- Applicable certifications preferred.
As a full-time employee your benefits include:
· A competitive salary
· An annual performance bonus
· A pension plan
· Flexible work hours
· Top of the line medical and dental insurance
· And many more benefits (fitness subsidy, in-house training, etc.)
We are excited to learn more about you!
At CNA, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, CNA will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.