Underwriting Assistant - Commercial Mid-Market
Please submit a cover letter and resume to apply for this position.
12 month contract.
For more than 100 years, CNA has been providing insurance solutions to over 1 million businesses worldwide. CNA Canada has five strategically placed offices in Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary and Vancouver, making our friendly and knowledgeable staff easily accessible to our customers.
At CNA, we do not just employ people, we provide people with fulfilling careers with many opportunities and room for growth within the industry. We are a company that is constantly evolving and we take pride in our culture and values. When you join the CNA team, you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. CNA is committed to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company.
We are focused on success, individually and collectively. Our dedication to employee engagement and the open exchange of ideas is the cornerstone of our business. These ideals, combined with our focus on the customer, have enabled us to explore new market opportunities and build on our success.
Each person at CNA plays an important role in the success of our business, join us and make an impact!
Job Profile Summary
Working in a team environment you will provide support for the day to day operations of the Toronto Commercial Mid-Market Team. Assist the underwriters with keeping files current and aiding with service to brokers on files. In addition, the incumbent will work in conjunction with underwriters to keep work flow running efficiently and smoothly in the department.
- Provide analysis and supporting documentation on existing accounts to support underwriting decisions
- Order risk control inspections and ensure completion by need by dates (1) Provide analysis and supporting documentation on existing accounts to support underwriting decisions
- Understand corporate underwriting strategies and guidelines and understand their relationship to underwriting
- Meet service standards and turnaround time with a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize tasks
- Review of schedules and worksheets to ensure alignment with effective insurance policy
- Assist underwriting with broker follow up tasks
- Document current processing procedures into the Underwriting manual as well as establish & implement improvements
- Update underwriting systems for upcoming renewals
- Assist Underwriting to obtain information as necessary and ensuring timely process of business
- Provide general file maintenance as required
- Assist manager and underwriting team with special projects as requested
May perform additional duties as assigned.
In all responsibilities and interactions, all employees are expected to adopt and align with CNA’s Winning Behaviours to be inclusive, externally focused, accountable, collaborative, innovative, and continuously learning.
- Customer service focused with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work effectively with an established Underwriting team in a fast paced paperless environment
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Positive attitude that embraces change
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills; detail oriented
- Knowledge of applicable insurance products
- Demonstrated ability to work at high levels of productivity and quality
- Measurement and data analysis ability
- Ability to independently recognize, evaluate and properly resolve unique problems or situations requiring the exercise of good judgement
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Excellent Word and Excel skills
- An understanding of Insurance coverage would be an asset
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- University/College degree or equivalent business experience with interest and commitment to further education in insurance industry studies with a minimum of 1 year of experience
We are excited to learn more about you!
At CNA, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, CNA will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.