Manager, Manitoba Insurance Institute
Department: Local Institutes – The Insurance Institute of Manitoba
Reports to: Director, Western & Atlantic Operations for all management functions of the Institute and day to day operations and to the Council of that local Institute on strategic issues
Job Summary: The responsibilities of the Institute Manager will include the effective and efficient management of the activities set out in the following job responsibilities; completion of projects and tasks assigned by the director /council.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide Directional and Administrative Support to the Board/Council and their Committees and Subcommittees Including Annual General Meeting
- Identify strategic, tactical and operational opportunities and make recommendations as appropriate
- Recommend, co-ordinate and implement annual business plans, including growth targets
- Completion of projects and tasks as assigned by the Director/Council.
Promotion of the Institute, its Products and Services
- Analysis and identify key market segments, develop marketing plan and provide products/services tailored to those needs
- Promote awareness and participation in all Institute programs, products and services among members, stakeholders; the industry generally and other potential markets through
- Utilize social media in promotion of Institute offerings
- Run orientation sessions/promotional seminars on institute products as required.
- Market the Institute, its products and events through actively developing new relationships and strengthening existing.
Support Services to Members
- Provision of services with a customer-centered focus
- Efficient and professional handling of enquiries
- Presentation for approval by the council and execution of an annual budget
- Performance of accounting functions in a timely and accurate manner, including reporting per the requirements of the board and adhering to national standards
- Prepare monthly reporting of key initiatives
- Participation in the preparation of quarterly audit
Liaison with Other Organizations
- Maintain harmonious working relationship with all other Insurance Institutes
- Maintain effective relationships with industry associations, ICM, and industry employers
Delivery of Classes and Tutorials for CIP, Licensing and GIE Courses
- Provide classroom opportunities and study groups appropriate to customer needs. Recruit, train, manage and monitor a team of qualified instructors and tutors
- Provide appropriate facilities for national examinations
Supplemental Education Program
- Plan and deliver a responsive seminar, training and workshop program sufficient to respond to membership needs
Special Events Program
- Annually deliver a well-supported cost effective, professional convocation and awards ceremony
- Explore relevance and implement other special events
Management of Office and Staff
- Effective and cost effective maintenance and management of staff
- Coaching and development of institute staff.
Chartered Insurance Professionals’ Society/Professionals’ Society
- Advancement of the goals of the CIP Society and support of national initiatives including advertising
- Implement annual plan to maximize membership in the Society
- Deliver responsive education and networking opportunities for members of the Society
- Development and delivery of a designation promotional campaign in co-operation with the national CIP Society
Career Connections Program
- Develop and implement a plan to support of national initiatives
- Where appropriate grow the awareness of insurance careers and understanding of insurance among high school and post-secondary educators, teachers and students
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Ability to multi-task simultaneously and effectively across a broad range of activities
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with a wide variety and level of individuals and organizations
- Ability to develop and nurture effective networks and relationships
- Ability to motivate and energize others
- Event and/or project planning experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Effective problem solving abilities
- Proficient in the use of computers and software packages
- Competency and past experience in setting and managing financial budgets as shown through strong mathematical skills
- Sales aptitude coupled with strong presentation skills.
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- College or University graduate in a business discipline preferred
- CIP preferred with a minimum commitment to complete CIP within time specified by the local board/Institute management
- Three years work experience within either the property-casualty insurance business or association management
- Managerial experience an asset
- Driver’s license is required
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates please submit a resume AND cover letter to: email@example.com prior to July 23, 2021.
The Insurance Institute welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.