Wawanesa Insurance is the largest property and casualty insurance company in Canada. Wawanesa Mutual, founded in 1896 with executive offices in Winnipeg, is the parent company of Wawanesa General, which offers property and casualty insurance in California and Oregon, and Wawanesa Life, which distributes life insurance products and services throughout Canada.
With nearly 4,000 employees, Wawanesa proudly serves over two million policyholders, who are our owners. As an employer, we provide an environment that is respectful, challenging and rewarding. As a corporate citizen, we actively give back to organizations that strengthen communities where we operate, donating well above internationally recognized benchmarks for excellence in corporate philanthropy.
We’re proud to be named a 2021 Best Employer by Kincentric, the provider of our annual employee engagement survey.
As a Strategy Consultant, you will be conducting market research to identify key areas for business improvement and suggesting strategies to boost company performance. In this role, you will help Wawanesa’s senior leaders solve their business challenges and take advantage of market opportunities. Your insights will contribute to a diversity of ideas in working with business partners on unique and challenging strategy projects. As a thought partner, you will bring a unique point of view to influence the direction of the organization and to drive impactful changes. This is a high visibility role with direct exposure to executive-level audiences.
Note: we are hiring in Toronto and Winnipeg
- Conduct competitive intelligence research and strategic analysis on high value issues for the Executive Leadership Team and the Board to help drive strategies that support improved customer experience, revenue growth, and strengthened competitive advantage
- Provide a strategic mindset and structured approach to help identify, prioritize and resolve enterprise strategic and organizational issues
- Assist in monitoring and reporting regularly on industry, regulatory and company changes or strategic trends as they relate to the insurance industry
- Participate in strategic projects / initiatives and assist business partners by providing supporting insights to help develop and refine their strategies
- Contribute to the curation and insight gathering about emerging industry products and platforms that serve to improve Wawanesa’s competitiveness
- As needed, assist in the enterprise’s strategic planning process for the Executive Leadership Team
- 2-5 years of experience in insurance (P&C/Life)
- Bachelor’s or Post-secondary degree in Business or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in management consulting or corporate strategy considered an asset
- Strong research and analysis skills with demonstrated ability to consolidate large amounts of data
- Technical knowledge of the Insurance industry and sound knowledge of financial analysis
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills with the ability to effectively convey ideas in a persuasive and eloquent manner
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and conceptual ideas; creative and lateral thinker
- Team-oriented, collaborative and flexible
- Advanced skills in PowerPoint
- Completion of CIP designation considered an asset
- Ability and willingness to travel in Canada and the United States
More search results
Alberta Motor Association
Special Risk Insurance Managers Ltd.
Senior Underwriter - Souscripteur Principal(e) - …
CNA Insurance Canada
Executive Assistant – CUO and VP Claims
CNA Insurance Canada
Technical Property Underwriter and Account Manage…
Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada