Senior Quality Assurance Specialist for National Programs - Commercial Insurance
Wawanesa Insurance is the largest property and casualty insurance company in Canada. Wawanesa Mutual, founded in 1896 with executive offices in Winnipeg, is the parent company of Wawanesa General, which offers property and casualty insurance in California and Oregon, and Wawanesa Life, which distributes life insurance products and services throughout Canada.
With nearly 4,000 employees, Wawanesa proudly serves over two million policyholders, who are our owners. As an employer, we provide an environment that is respectful, challenging and rewarding. As a corporate citizen, we actively give back to organizations that strengthen communities where we operate, donating well above internationally recognized benchmarks for excellence in corporate philanthropy.
We’re proud to be named a 2021 Best Employer by Kincentric, the provider of our annual employee engagement survey.
The Sr. Quality Assurance Specialist is a key member of the Commercial Insurance Executive Office team working closely with the Director of National Programs to drive all Quality Assurance activities. This includes assessment of internal and external controls and process, contracts, delegated underwriting authority and the overall effectiveness of operations and to ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements in support of the organization's strategic goals and initiatives.
Note: we are hiring in Winnipeg, Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver and Moncton
- Work in partnership with the Director of National Programs to establish an annual, risk-based review schedule for the National Programs portfolio
- Design, implement, manage, communicate and drive the actions coming out of an Independent Quality Assurance program across the National Programs Portfolio to achieve the organization’s strategic objectives and risk profile
- Coordinate review planning and scheduling of all Quality Assurance activities related to National Programs including special reviews requested by the senior management and executive team members, as required
- Lead the review activities, including cross functional team resourcing, scheduling, timing, methodology, scope and communication and documentation of findings coming out of the review
- Provide quarterly reports and updates on findings, and collaborate with the National Programs Team and Business Development on actions coming out of all Quality Assurance Activities to improve internal controls and processes across the National Programs portfolio including identification of emerging trends, contract management and adherence to any delegation of underwriting authority and/or program financial targets and performance
- Create and maintain a dashboard of all actions, owners and progress coming out of all Quality Assurance, Governance & Compliance related National Programs
- Owns and communicates all policies and procedures related to Quality Assurance Program for National Programs and ensures all underwriters and impacted stakeholders understand the philosophy, and provide the training required to ensure all individuals involved in quality assurance activities in National Programs are calibrated in their approach
- Provide consulting and advisory services on governance, risk management and controls to support the National Programs team in meeting its operational and strategic objectives
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all Internal and External stakeholders in partnership with the National Programs team including Brokers and Business Development
- Management and oversight of software implementation for the quality assurance program, training of all users and usage
- More than ten years of commercial underwriting experience in the insurance industry and extensive knowledge of the Property Casualty Industry and insurance operations in general
- 5 years experience with National Programs, and delegation of underwriting authority to third parties
- 3 years of quality assurance experience
- Certified CIP, FCIP, CIA, CFE and/or CISA designation is considered an asset
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare clear and concise reports with an appropriate tone and style
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and gain respect, credibility and confidence from others
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including the ability to manage and execute multiple complex projects and Quality Assurance initiatives within required timelines and expectations
- Strong negotiation skills by presenting information or arguments in a convincing manner and by focusing on what is important.
- Strong business acumen with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to recognize and identify critical issues
- Strong MS Office skills and experience with an electronic audit working paper system and or quality assurance system
- Ability and willingness to travel