Aon is Looking for an Associate Account Executive in Winnipeg
As a key contributor on an industry-leading team, you will have an exceptional opportunity to build on your experience, working with a team of experienced, high-performing colleagues. You will be exposed to a diverse customer base, ensuring their commercial insurance needs are met.
Your impact as an Associate Account Executive
- Receiving and processing client requests and reviewing documentation for policy changes, additions, deletions, renewals or cancellations;
- Under the direction of the Account Executive, servicing existing programs, defining routine risk exposure and providing first level advice on general policy coverages;
- Attending client meetings, including C-Suite and similar level clients;
- Managing the client renewal process and collaborating with all members of the client team on marketing requirements, deadlines and deliverables;
- Identifying specific client risk exposure and developing and presenting innovative coverage solutions in support of existing and new business growth;
- Developing and managing client relationships in order to increase penetration sales and cultivate new business opportunities;
- Establishing account specific service plans and delivery approaches which support coverage solutions and provide continued opportunity for Aon product/service exposure;
- Coordinating client information with the Broking Team (Broker, Associate Broker/Broking Coordinator) to initiate renewal process;
- Receiving policy contracts from the Broking Team, providing first level review to ensure client needs have been met;
- Preparing client service summaries, program reports and client survey information for review by Service Team Management;
- Supervise the day-to-day administrative activities of the Account Coordinators and/or administrative members of the service team, as required;
- Reviewing endorsements, cover notes and certificates of insurance produced by the Broking Coordinator to ensure their accuracy and completion in support of the team’s service plan;
- Handling and servicing an assigned book of accounts; and
- Leading by example by demonstrating and sharing with all lines of business the importance of best practice.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working in a fast-paced, professional environment is preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written;
- High level of client focus with proven relationship building skills;
- High level of business acumen and professional presentation skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimum supervision;
- Meticulous attention to detail, refined organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Proven ability to prioritize competing requirements and deadlines under pressure;
- High level of comfort with change and proven ability to adapt; and
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, including both self-directed learning and in-role training.
- Post-Secondary degree in Business, Commerce or similar area of focus is preferred; a combination of education and equivalent years of industry experience will also be considered.
- IBAM license preferred but not mandatory upon hire; will be required to obtain license within six (6) months of hire.
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses and certifications such as Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) and Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP).