Title: Regulatory Compliance Consulting Director
Please submit a cover letter and resume to apply for this position.
For more than 100 years, CNA has been providing insurance solutions to over 1 million businesses worldwide. CNA Canada has five strategically placed offices in Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary and Vancouver, making our friendly and knowledgeable staff easily accessible to our customers.
At CNA, we do not just employ people, we provide people with fulfilling careers with many opportunities and room for growth within the industry. We are a company that is constantly evolving and we take pride in our culture and values. When you join the CNA team, you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. CNA is committed to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company.
We are focused on success, individually and collectively. Our dedication to employee engagement and the open exchange of ideas is the cornerstone of our business. These ideals, combined with our focus on the customer, have enabled us to explore new market opportunities and build on our success.
Each person at CNA plays an important role in the success of our business, join us and make an impact!
Job Profile Summary
Requires and applies senior level knowledge and expertise of regulatory compliance to continuously evaluate the Canadian business's adherence to all applicable laws and regulations (federal, provincial/territorial, and/or local). Develops and maintains all necessary compliance policies and procedures for organizational area. Coordinates with areas across the business to develop risk mitigation procedures as needed and evolve CNA's compliance culture.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Interprets, implements, and administers compliance policies, procedures and practices to ensure proper risk mitigation for functional area in the business.
- Manages the Ethidex compliance system and assists the business with the internal review process. Report to management and make suggestions for remedial measures and enhancements.
- Provides thought leadership in driving ongoing improvements in regulatory compliance and creating compliance culture.
- Drives business unit efforts to resolve identified internal and/or external compliance issues and assesses the effectiveness of mitigation efforts. Ensures organizational compliance with regulations and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Communicates with functional area management regarding the importance of regulatory compliance and CNA's risk culture.
- Has an understanding of the industry and regulatory environment in which CNA operates. Proactively monitors the regulatory environment including compliance developments, trends and challenges for the enterprise and individual business areas.
- Investigates and resolves complex compliance problems and responds to questions from internal sources and regulatory agencies.
- Acts as the Complaints Officer
- Oversees the organization’s records and data management procedures and assists the Privacy Officer with implementing privacy and data protection policies, advising and educating the organization on its data privacy obligations and monitoring compliance
- Takes an active role in delivering valuable services to assigned areas, enhancing operations, proactively identifying risks and compliance gaps and sharing best practices.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Senior level knowledge of regulatory compliance, with specific insurance compliance knowledge highly preferred.
- Ability to achieve results by taking a proactive long-term view of business goals and objectives.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to effectively plan and direct multiple projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and assume responsibility for decisions which have an impact on people and quality of service
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred in a related discipline or equivalent.
- Ten years of related work experience.
- Compliance certification preferred but not required
As a full-time employee your benefits include:
- A competitive salary
- An annual performance bonus
- A pension plan
- Flexible work hours
- Top of the line medical and dental insurance
- And many more benefits (fitness subsidy, in-house training, etc.)
We are excited to learn more about you!
At CNA, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, CNA will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.