Please submit a cover letter and resume to apply for this position.
8 month contract.
For more than 100 years, CNA has been providing insurance solutions to over 1 million businesses worldwide. CNA Canada has five strategically placed offices in Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary and Vancouver, making our friendly and knowledgeable staff easily accessible to our customers.
At CNA, we do not just employ people, we provide people with fulfilling careers with many opportunities and room for growth within the industry. We are a company that is constantly evolving and we take pride in our culture and values. When you join the CNA team, you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. CNA is committed to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company.
We are focused on success, individually and collectively. Our dedication to employee engagement and the open exchange of ideas is the cornerstone of our business. These ideals, combined with our focus on the customer, have enabled us to explore new market opportunities and build on our success.
Each person at CNA plays an important role in the success of our business, join us and make an impact!
Job Profile Summary
Working in a team environment you will provide technical processing to support the day to day operations of the Winnipeg Commercial Mid-Market Team. Assist the underwriters with keeping files current and aiding with service to brokers on files. In addition, the incumbent will work in conjunction with underwriters to keep work flow running efficiently and smoothly in the department. Underwriting assistant will also process simple renewals and endorsements for an assigned territory.
- Service existing and new accounts to ensure targeted profitability and renewal retention
- Endorses, codes, renews or cancels policies following company underwriting policies/procedures, applicable laws and regulations subject to personal Authority Level as assigned by management
- Completion of risk reports, and general file maintenance
- Order inspections, review and follow-up on recommendations of inspections
- Meet service standards and turnaround time with a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize competing tasks
- Assist Underwriting with broker follows ups and proper adjustments are made on policies.
- Document current processing procedures into the Underwriting manual as well as establish & implement improvements
- Assist Underwriting in maintaining relationships with brokers
- Assist Underwriting to obtain information as necessary and ensuring timely process of business
- Answers inquires and makes recommendations to brokers and insureds with the direction of Underwriting
- Assist manager with special projects as required
May perform additional duties as assigned.
In all responsibilities and interactions, all employees are expected to adopt and align with CNA’s Winning Behaviours to be inclusive, externally focused, accountable, collaborative, innovative, and continuously learning.
- Customer service focused with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work effectively with an established Underwriting team in a fast paced paperless environment
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Positive attitude that embraces change
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills; detail oriented
- Knowledge of applicable insurance products
- Demonstrated ability to work at high levels of productivity and quality
- Ability to use both strategy and intuition when Underwriting risks;
- Proficiency in calculation skills and application of mathematical principles for calculation of manual rates for quotes
- Measurement and data analysis ability
- Ability to independently recognize, evaluate and properly resolve unique problems or situations requiring the exercise of good judgement
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment coupled with a performance culture
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Excellent Word and Excel skills
- Adequate typing skills
- An understanding of Insurance coverage would be an asset
- Ability to understand French would be an asset
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- University/College degree or equivalent business experience with interest and commitment to further education in insurance industry studies with a minimum of 1 year of experience
We are excited to learn more about you!
At CNA, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, CNA will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.