Assistant Vice-President, Professional Services (Quebec or Ontario)
Aon is looking for an Assistant Vice-President, Professional Services (Quebec or Ontario preferred)
Aon’s Professional Services practice in Montreal provides risk advisory and insurance services to prestigious professional service firm clients. We offer challenging and rewarding work along with career progression opportunities – all in a supportive and team environment.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, conscientious and career-minded individual to join our client service team in Montreal. The Assistant Vice President (AVP) role provides support to the Vice-President and/or Senior Vice-President on complex Professional Indemnity Insurance programs in addition to other insurance placements such as cyber insurance and D&O/Management Liability. The AVP must ensure all clients’ needs are promptly and accurately satisfied; ensure all deadlines are met on a timely basis; ensure quality standards are maintained and handle projects and responsibilities independently.
The position is primarily located in Montreal but candidates based in other locations, such as Toronto, may also be considered based upon their experience and qualifications for the role.
- Assist in providing insurance broking and related advisory services for the insurance needs of large, international professional service firm clients. Among others, this includes the following services:
- Participate in, and assist team with, the delivery of services and advice to clients’ risk managers and offices of general counsel.
- Provide advice, support, and prepare key deliverables to clients’ captive insurance companies.
- Advise and present to senior client contacts regarding their insurance programs, Aon deliverables, and in response to requests and inquiries.
- Prepare underwriting submissions and claims exhibits for commercial (re)insurers.
- Draft and prepare policy documentation and endorsements and prepare wording comparisons across different risks, when necessary.
- Prepare premium invoices and compute applicable taxes and track the receipt and flow of funds.
- Monitor the financial strength ratings of commercial (re)insurers.
- Assist in the accurate organization and administration of clients’ claims data and its extraction for reporting purposes.
- Prepare and analyze statistical exhibits and presentations in relation to historical claims experience.
- Collaborate with team members and Aon’s actuaries to analyze the cost of risk for the setting of (re)insurance premiums.
- Prepare reports, summaries, papers, and meeting materials for delivery directly to clients.
- Participate in business development within the practice and the exploration of new and evolving risks and potential risk transfer and risk financing solutions.
- Respond to queries from clients and commercial (re)insurers.
- Manage and assist in the preparation and issuance of verifications of insurance.
- Collaborate with colleagues in other Aon offices (New York, London, and elsewhere) in the coordinated delivery of service to international clients.
- Attend team meetings, maintain team/personal outstanding lists, and maintain files that clearly and accurately record the activities and communications of the team.
- Attend training sessions, presentations and meetings that will assist with present and anticipated future responsibilities.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum of 2 years of previous insurance experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Experience as an effective team player. Motivated and self-directed.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and monitor workflow deadlines.
- Trains and mentors others effectively.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word and Excel in particular).
- Bachelor’s degree inbusiness, economics, finance, accounting, communications or similar relevant discipline or equivalent years of industry experience.
- AMF Damage Insurance Broker license. Achievement of, or study towards, other insurance designations (e.g. CRM, CIP).
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check regarding criminal offence in connection with the position offered, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.