Linx Underwriting is looking for a Head of Underwriting
Linx Underwriting Solutions delivers a comprehensive and diverse product offering designed for unique, individual requirements. Supported by long standing relationships with select industry leading carriers, our mandate is to exceed expectations by evolving and developing innovative solutions for existing and emerging markets. Our highly experienced professionals are recognized for their efficiency and adaptability and for addressing client needs in a proactive manner
This brand-new role will lead a growing team of specialist underwriters as Linx begins on the next stage of it’s development to profitably grow while maintaining colleague engagement and further strengthening the team’s overall depth of knowledge.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit, a strong understanding of portfolio management, excellent listening skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both brokers and our insurance partners in order to drive an aligned strategy to profitably grow our business.
This new role will be responsible for ensuring that there are strong underwriting controls and guidelines across the business, thereby ensuring profitable growth and strengthening of long-term sustainable partnerships with our existing and new capital partners
Your Impact As Head of Underwriting
- Developing an underwriting culture across Linx of best practice and full compliance with agreed underwriting guidelines
- Ensuring that individual business plans are aligned to Linx’s overall strategic business plan
- Managing relationships with insurance / capital partners including relevant reporting
- Creating an environment within the team that encourages inclusion and openness to ensure Linx continues to deliver a colleague engagement score of 80% or above in delivering it’s plan
- Monitoring financial performance including signing off any remedial plans
- Participating in self-development activities to improve or develop knowledge of underwriting or business-related subjects, and sharing newfound knowledge with team members
- Developing and maintaining trusted advisor-style relationships with internal and external stakeholders
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- College Diploma/University degree
- CIP designation or other similar qualification
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior insurance or MGA management role
- Sound technical knowledge on policy wordings
- Strong analytical, mathematical, decision making and negotiating skills
- Independent thinker and self-starter
- Excellent communication & leadership skills
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Proficient computer skills in: MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Committed team player
- English/French bilingualism an asset
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities)
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.