Driven by technology and fueled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful workplace experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit www.hsb.ca.
Reporting to the Treaty Product Manager, the focus of this client-centric Treaty Product Specialist role is to deliver tailored personal and commercial lines reinsurance products to our Property and Casualty clients. The incumbent will be a key participant within our product implementation team, participating in the development, structure and communication of client reinsurance programs and marketing strategies.
As part of our growing and highly progressive Treaty division, this dynamic Treaty Product Specialist will bring their proven product development expertise and organizational skills in crafting and delivering product proposals to our clients including wordings, pricings and underwriting guidelines. The incumbent will also be working with our Client Executives, operations, underwriting, claims and finance teams in ensuring and establishing proper documentation and workflows with regards to product solutions. This position is ideal for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced environment dealing with clients, providing expert subject matter product knowledge and technical expertise.
- Analyzing personal and commercial lines data from client companies to develop and deliver tailored proposals for new products;
- Interpreting and assessing wordings, pricings and underwriting guidelines to our partners;
- Provide technical guidance to partners and clients regarding our unique product solutions;
- Promote, build and maintain relationships with client companies, broker/agents and partners through training presentations and product implementations;
- Coordinates with related internal and external business units with regards to product development, marketing collateral and product launches;
- Participate in special projects as requested, assisting in the coordination of timelines and follow-up;
- 3-5 years’ experience in product development, underwriting or claims in personal lines; commercial lines/underwriting also an asset.
- CIP designation or actively working towards one.
- College diploma or equivalent.
- Must be proficient in underwriting issues and product development.
- Ability to engage clients, coordinate program deliverables and solve operational issues.
- Strong client facing skills with a high degree of diplomacy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentations skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with highly proficient computer skills.
- Superior ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Demonstrated drive for continuous improvement.
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this. We will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference SPS-0621-TR, please click on the link: Apply Here
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.