Are you an analytical thinker looking for a new challenge in the P&C Insurance world?
The Ontario Mutual Insurance Association (OMIA) has an exciting opportunity for a Statistics Coordinator. This is a full-time position.
Who We Are
The Ontario Mutual Insurance Association (OMIA) is the trade association for 37 independent mutual insurance companies, known as Ontario Mutuals. Each of these is 100% Canadian and owned by its policyholders, and each is more than a century old.
OMIA’s function is to share resources, discuss issues of common concern, and explore opportunities for growth and development among our member companies. At OMIA, we enable our member companies to achieve and maintain a high level of excellence, by providing leadership through education, training, marketing, and support services. As a result, Ontario Mutuals are among the most financially secure insurance networks in the world. We are a true community of mutual fellowship and respect.
The Statistics Coordinator is responsible for reviewing and analyzing the data and records submitted by our member companies.
Your practical knowledge and customer-centric approach will aid you in assisting our member companies with data submissions and any questions that arise. You will also liaise between OMIA and IBC, GISA, CGI, and System Vendors regarding data quality issues.
Your tech-savviness and love of all things data will be used each day to create Qlik Sense visualizations and reports to provide data insights. You will work closely with the Manager of Statistics and Information Services as you document and improve department operation processes, analyze data trends, and create analytical reports.
You have 3-5 years of experience in an analytical role.
Skills, Knowledge and Personal Competencies
- You’re professional – you take personal initiative and have a customer focus in mind.
- You’re a communicator – you’re organized and pay great attention to detail and accuracy in both written and oral communication.
- You know the mechanics – you’re experienced with general database structure and have a good understanding of data management, and hands on experience with Excel and analytical BI tools, like QlikSense.
- You’re a learner – you know the value of programming language, such as Python, have a good understanding of statistical modelling, and you’re able to build and run SQL.
- You’re a seeker – you have a demonstrated ability to analyze data trends, integrate various data sources, and produce recommendations from data.
- You’re a problem solver – you love solving puzzles, have strong investigative skills, and a demonstrated ability to identify root causes.
The following educational background or equivalent employment experience will be of benefit.
- University Degree, College Diploma
You will join our team of 26 staff at our modern Leeds-certified office located close to the 401 in Cambridge. Our workplace includes a large fitness centre and outdoor walking paths. Our positive workplace supports a balanced, healthy and family oriented lifestyle. You will have a chance to participate in and get involved with initiatives including wellness programs, green team projects, and community and charitable events. *At present, the majority of OMIA staff are working remotely until we can safely return to the office.
Enjoy a great working environment as well as competitive salary, benefits and pension.
If we've sparked your interest, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.