FARM & COMMERCIAL UNDERWRITER
Usborne and Hibbert Mutual Fire Insurance Company is seeking applications for the permanent full-time position for a Farm & Commercial Underwriter. This opportunity will appeal to a motivated, cooperative individual who is committed to working in a dynamic atmosphere.
- Assess and evaluate risks including new business, renewals and endorsements
- Apply knowledge to underwrite, rate and document policy files
- Respond to queries from agents and brokers in a timely manner
- Evaluate and assess information for pricing, claims information, inspection reports
- Post-secondary education or equilvalent insurance experience
- CIP designation complete or in progress
- 3 to 5 years underwriting experience
- Farm, agribusiness and/or commercial insurance experience considered an asset
- Excellent problem-solving and decision making abilities
- Sound analytical and critical thinking skills
- Stong customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated and able to work as a team player
Please visit www.usborneandhibbert.ca to learn more about our company.
Competition closes on July 9th, 2021. If interested in join our team, please email a cover letter and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate all responses and advise only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the “Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act”, personal information is collected and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.