Senior Construction Underwriter (Anywhere in Canada) - 2 Vacancies
Linx is looking for two Senior Construction Underwriters, whom may be located anywhere in Canada.
Linx Underwriting Solutions Inc. is an underwriting agency, and a wholly owned subsidiary of Aon Canada. Linx specializes in industry-specific and product-specific solutions which are tailored for the needs of the Canadian market and our brokers. Linx Underwriting Solutions Inc acts as Managing General Agent (MGA) for domestic carriers and Lloyd’s syndicates, and is authorized to transact insurance business under a Delegated Authority. Our experienced professionals are recognized for their efficiency, adaptability and customer service focus. As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results by delivering innovative and effective solutions.
Linx is specifically looking to upskill our Construction Underwriting team and these positions will be a part of this deepened skillset growth. The successful candidates will have strong technical backgrounds in project construction underwriting, as well as exception time management, negotiation and customer service skills. They will be able to efficiently negotiate with our brokering partners along with our markets. The successful candidates will be able to assess a variety of classes of builders risk and wrap up construction projects, identify the key issues/exposures, quantify project quality and put together terms appropriate for each risk based upon our guidelines, and when needed, with market approval. They will use their experience and knowledge to help our programs expand by showing their strong underwriting skills on all fronts and enable us to be able to achieve greater capital support in the future. These roles will work closely with management, a small group of construction colleagues and our markets.
Linx currently has offices in Toronto and Calgary, but the location of these roles can be flexible.
- Be a key player and contributor in working with management and colleagues to expand the Linx project construction offering and programs
- Share your industry experience and knowledge with more junior team members, our broker force and our markets
- Underwriting of Builders Risk and Wrap Up liability policies
- Analyze new business and project extensions and provide terms based upon our underwriting guidelines
- Develop clear and concise underwriting proposals for accounts which may fall outside underwriting authority
- Negotiate terms, conditions and pricing within the parameters of our program underwriting guidelines/authorities
- Identify opportunities to upsell coverage, limits or products
- Main high level of service with your customer service focus and solutions-orientated approach
- Build a network of relationships with our brokers and our various markets
- Share, train and mentor colleagues
- Keep current on industry and markets trends and share with your knowledge
- 5+ years of builders’ risk and/or wrap up liability underwriting experience
- Experience underwriting commercial P&C insurance in the contracting sector is an asset
- Strong technical underwriting skillset
- Experience working in an MGA is an asset
- Detail oriented professional, with strong analytical, decision making and negotiation skills
- Innovative and creative problem solving
- Strong communicate skills – both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and time sensitive environment
- Ability to work well independently and also collaborate as part of a bigger team
- Experience mentoring and training more junior staff
- Graduate from a recognized diploma program in Insurance, or a strong equivalent combination of experience, education and training
- CIP designation or actively pursuing.
- Successful candidate will be required to obtain their General brokering license in the first six months.