Linx is looking for a Senior Liability Underwriter in Toronto.
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Linx Underwriting Solutions. As a senior underwriter, you will report directly to the Manager of the Casualty team.
Linx Underwriting Solutions Inc. is an underwriting agency and a wholly owned subsidiary of Aon Canada. We specialise in industry specific and product specific solutions which are tailored for the needs of the Canadian market. We service several brokers throughout Canada. Linx Underwriting Solutions Inc. acts as Managing General Agent (MGA) of several domestic carriers and Lloyd’s syndicates and is authorised to transact insurance business under a Delegated Authority. Our highly experienced professionals are recognized for their efficiency and adaptability and will address your needs in a proactive manner. For reliable service and quality you can depend on, contact us today.
Your impact as a Senior Liability Underwriter:
- Underwriting various forms of General Liability, Umbrella and Excess Liability policies.
- Analyze new business and renewals and endorsements and provide terms based upon our underwriting guidelines.
- Develop clear and concise underwriting proposals for accounts which fall both inside and outside underwriting authority.
- Negotiate terms, conditions and pricing within the parameters of our program underwriting guidelines/authorities.
- Identify opportunities to upsell coverage, limits or products.
- Maintain high level of service with your customer service focus and solutions-orientated approach
- Build a network of relationships with our brokers and our various markets
- Share, train and mentor team members
- Keep current on industry and markets trends and share with your knowledge
- Active work to help grow and deepen Casualty program offerings within Linx
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- A minimum 7+ years casualty insurance carrier underwriting work experience
- Experience reviewing applications and following instructions based on underwriting guidelines as established for the program.
- Commercial Auto Underwriting experience is an asset
- Experience working in an MGA or with referral-based underwriting is an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity in working with carrier underwriting systems.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Self-motivated, highly organized and detail oriented.
- Experience with MS Office suite products, proficiency with Excel required.
- Property & Casualty license preferred – must be obtained within six months of hire date.
- Post Secondary Degree or equivalent preferred.
- CIP, FCIP or other Insurance Designation preferred.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.