Linx is looking for a second Senior Construction Underwriter, who may be located anywhere in Canada.
Linx Underwriting Solutions Inc. is an underwriting agency, and a wholly owned subsidiary of Aon Canada. Linx specializes in industry-specific and product-specific solutions which are tailored for the needs of the Canadian market and our brokers. Linx Underwriting Solutions Inc acts as Managing General Agent (MGA) for domestic carriers and Lloyd’s syndicates, and is authorized to transact insurance business under a Delegated Authority. Our experienced professionals are recognized for their efficiency, adaptability and customer service focus. As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results by delivering innovative and effective solutions.
Linx is specifically looking to upskill our Construction Underwriting team and this position will be a part of this deepened skillset growth. The successful candidate will have a strong technical background in project construction underwriting, as well as exception time management, negotiation and customer service skills. They will be able to efficiently negotiate with our brokering partners along with our markets. The successful candidate will be able to assess a variety of classes of builders risk and wrap up construction projects, identify the key issues/exposures, quantify project quality and put together terms appropriate for each risk based upon our guidelines, and when needed, with market approval. They will use their experience and knowledge to help our programs expand by showing their strong underwriting skills on all fronts and enable us to be able to achieve greater capital support in the future. This role will work closely with management, a small group of construction colleagues and our markets.
Linx currently has offices in Toronto and Calgary, but the location of this role can be flexible.
- Be a key player and contributor in working with management and colleagues to expand the Linx project construction offering and programs
- Share your industry experience and knowledge with more junior team members, our broker force and our markets
- Underwriting of Builders Risk and Wrap Up liability policies
- Analyze new business and project extensions and provide terms based upon our underwriting guidelines
- Develop clear and concise underwriting proposals for accounts which may fall outside underwriting authority
- Negotiate terms, conditions and pricing within the parameters of our program underwriting guidelines/authorities
- Identify opportunities to upsell coverage, limits or products
- Main high level of service with your customer service focus and solutions-orientated approach
- Build a network of relationships with our brokers and our various markets
- Share, train and mentor colleagues
- Keep current on industry and markets trends and share with your knowledge
- 5+ years of builders’ risk and/or wrap up liability underwriting experience
- Experience underwriting commercial P&C insurance in the contracting sector is an asset
- Strong technical underwriting skillset
- Experience working in an MGA is an asset
- Detail oriented professional, with strong analytical, decision making and negotiation skills
- Innovative and creative problem solving
- Strong communicate skills – both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and time sensitive environment
- Ability to work well independently and also collaborate as part of a bigger team
- Experience mentoring and training more junior staff
- Graduate from a recognized diploma program in Insurance, or a strong equivalent combination of experience, education and training
- CIP designation or actively pursuing.
- Successful candidate will be required to obtain their General brokering license in the first six months.
We offer you:
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.