Senior Underwriter (18 month contract, Maternity Leave Coverage)
Aon's Linx Professionas is looking for a Senior Underwriter (18 month contract, Maternity Leave
To provide maternity cover for a period of 18 months as a senior underwriter with an in-depth experience underwriting professional liability for a wide range of professions including architects and engineers.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a good understanding of portfolio management, excellent listening skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both brokers and our insurance partners in order to drive an aligned strategy to profitably grow our business.
- Managing a portfolio of complex risks with limited supervision ensuring the successful retention of clients
- Create an environment within the team that encourages inclusion and openness to ensure the plan is delivered
- Provides coaching and training to the team as required
- Negotiates and binds terms, conditions and premium for new and renewal accounts within individual assigned portfolio and authority level
- Participates in self-development activities to improve or develop knowledge of underwriting or business-related subjects.
- Responsible for claims review and assessment
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- College Diploma/University degree
- CIP designation preferred
- Minimum of 10 years or more experience in writing management liability and professional liability
- Sound technical knowledge on policy wordings
- Strong analytical, mathematical, decision making and negotiating skills
- Independent thinker and self-starter
- Excellent communication & leadership skills
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Proficient computer skills in: MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Committed team player.
- English/French bilingualism is an asset.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities)
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.