Aon Is Looking For An Associate Account Executive.
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our client sales and service business group within Aon Risk Solutions, in Toronto, Ontario. As an Associate Account Executive, you will report to the Risk Management/General Practice Leadership team.
Your Impact As An Associate Account Executive
- As a key member of the Client Service Team, providing first level client contact on an account
- Serving as the internal contact point on all aspects of account activity. Internal client facing, liaising with client to receive and provide relevant information, with occasional direct Client facing at the direction of the Account Executive
- Under the direction of the principle Account Executive, servicing existing clients portfolio, defining routine insurance issues and providing first level advice on resolution of issues
- Assisting in brokering of large accounts (working with the Account Executive and Broking Teams to identify coverage requirements, exposure issues, etc.) Note: Brokering includes movement of accounts to new insurance companies, and negotiating day-to-day insurance issues with existing underwriters
- Acting as Account Executive on small to medium insurance accounts
- Ensuring client files are updated and maintained. This includes making direct requests for information from clients and handling client inquiries regarding those requests
- Managing Accounts Receivable
- Assisting Account Executive in maintaining client service schedule (ie. prompting renewal meetings, relationship building events, etc.)
- Analyzing construction contracts of clients and their projects identifying potential issues that could be of concern with respect to indemnities and insurance requirements (ie. anticipate underwriting issues)
- Preparing, or assisting in the preparation of, client’s renewal agenda’s
- Assisting Account Executive in new business initiatives (ie. coordinating dissemination of marketing material, prompting regular contact with prospect, assisting in developing new business strategies and account penetration)
- Coordinating the ongoing efficient application of internal systems as it pertains to client information, projects and reporting
- Working with surety staff to deliver seamless client service
- Mentoring all levels of staff as required
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum three to five (3-5) years of commercial insurance experience is required;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimum supervision;
- Meticulous attention to detail, refined organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Proven ability to prioritize competing requirements and deadlines under pressure.
- Customer service orientation
- Professional, business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Some knowledge of Aon portfolio of available client services and products would be an asset
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a service team
- Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize under pressure of competing deadlines
- 5 to 7 years of commercial insurance experience is preferred;
- High business acumen and professional presentation skills;
- Strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office package.
- Post-Secondary degree or a combination of education and equivalent years of industry experience
- RIBO license required
- Working towards CRM and/or CIP and/or CAIB and /or related insurance designation’s
We offer you:
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.