We are currently recruiting for a Claims Manager to join our London Market Inside Claims team to work remotely in Ontario, Canada.
The successful candidate will profitably manages, monitors service quality and mentors employees responsible for delivering specialty services. Responsibilities include:
- Hire, develop and evaluate staff.
- Develop function-specific orientation and training programs for personnel.
- Establish standards for effective job performance and evaluate performance according to such standards
- Review claims pending approval based on authority limit and processes approvals when needed
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of an effective organization for area(s) of responsibility, including: a) efficient work flow patterns; b) established performance standards; c) effective delineation of duties and responsibilities; d) suitable staffing levels; e) appropriate supervision; and f) systems for timely communication of pertinent information
- Responsible for the monitoring of an ongoing quality assurance
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agency guidelines and standards
- Interact with the clients, regular stewardships, on all operational issues, results and recommendations
- Participate in client meetings and audits
- Receive and investigate all complaints and it’s personnel
- Remain abreast of developments in the field(s) by pursuing a program of self-development, participating in professional organizations, interacting with peers, reviewing pertinent literature, etc.
- Incorporate advancements when possible
- Direct the preparation of records and report
- Minimum 10 years of functional / technical experience in insurance environment
- London Market experience and handling is required
- Minimum of 5 years at a management level. Third party management experience would be an asset
- University degree or equivalent
- Valid Adjusting License
- CIP or GIE designation will be considered an asset
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrates leadership with the capability to motivate and inspire
- Strong Management, analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Effective conflict resolution skills
- Superior organization and time management skills; coupled with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Regular travel throughout the GTA is required
- French/English bilingualism will be considered an asset
- past positions such as claims manager, insurance claims manager, adjusting manager, or claims supervisor is an asset