Who We Are
HT&C is a newly amalgamated leader in Ontario’s mutual insurance industry, combining the best of the former Hay, and, Town & Country Mutual Insurance companies. We provide Members and their families with peace of mind – properly insured.
The Personal Lines Underwriter will be responsible for accepting, rejecting, and amending new business, renewals, and endorsements for Members within allocated scope of authority. The Personal Lines Underwriter will work collaboratively with Agents, Risk Inspectors, and Broker Partners to minimize losses, manage risk exposures, and generate beneficial solutions for Members and Our Mutual alike.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Review policy applications including Member profiles, claims history, inspection reports, credit ratings and driving records to determine coverage eligibility
- Report findings to Agents or Broker Partners prior to accepting, modifying, or rejecting based on findings from risk assessment and policy application review
- Collaborate to determine appropriate coverages and evaluate policy options, while adhering to Underwriting Guidelines and binding authorities
- Work with Agents to identify available coverages, appropriate premiums, and necessary terms for new business, policy renewals, and endorsements
- Communicate coverage changes and amendments to OMIA Underwriting Guidelines with Agents and Broker Partners
- Assist Agents and Brokers through education on the impacts of specific coverage changes and guideline amendments
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Minimum 2 years Personal Lines Underwriting experience
- Commercial Lines experience is a definite asset!
- Working knowledge and experience using P&C insurer operating platforms, information technology and other various software programs
- University / college degree or diploma - Business or Communications preferred
- Valid Ontario driver’s licence
- CIP Designation is preferred
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume and cover letter detailing qualifications and experience to email@example.com.