We have a unique and exciting 6-month contract opportunity for a Fleet and Garage Auto Underwriting Analyst within our Product Services Department. Within this exciting position, you will have the opportunity to join a culture that prides itself on being honest, transparent, believes in delivering on their promises and is committed to doing what is right. This position has the option to work fully remote.
Reporting to the Product Services Manager, as the Fleet and Garage Underwriting Analyst you will be responsible for providing quoting, underwriting, and risk selection support to the mutual community member companies currently using our centralized Fleet and Garage programs. You will focus on empowering the mutual community to strengthen its strategic position, increase premiums written, improve underwriting margins, and prudently target insurance exposures.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Act as a subject matter expert and a key Fleet & Garage resource providing guidance, support, mentoring and training to member companies, partners, and internal staff.
- Assess, evaluate, and quote risks submitted by members. You will recommend and apply effective pricing and underwriting strategies in accordance with program guidelines.
- Answer member inquiries and monitor business through discussions and correspondence.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of member companies and their needs and provide responsive service.
- Influence, diagnose and develop recommendations to solve complex business and coverage issues. Assist members with risk selection and defining risk appetite.
- Identify, research, develop, evaluate, and recommend changes to underwriting rules and guidelines, workflows, processes, system requirements, new underwriting templates and tools.
- Prepare presentations and conduct technical training.
- Monitor the competitive environment and assess emerging trends, threats, and opportunities.
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with members, staff, stakeholders, and partners.
- Participate on projects and key initiatives utilizing effective project and change management strategies.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement by fully engaging with peers, participating in problem solving activities, and using continuous improvement strategies to support the success of the team.
- Perform a range of operational functions within the department.
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong technical Fleet and Garage auto knowledge, having five (5) or more years of commercial auto underwriting experience, with a minimum of 3 years Fleet & Garage auto underwriting.
- A college diploma preferred, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Proven success and solid ability to research, develop, identify, and evaluate underwriting rules and guidelines, workflows, processes, system requirements, underwriting templates and tools.
- Ability to take initiative in an unstructured environment, exercise independent judgement, function with minimal supervision, and influence positive change.
- Excellent organizational, negotiation, analytical, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize competing demands and projects.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience with business intelligence software and reports is an asset.
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to create engaging technical presentations.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Creativity, innovation, and excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work as a Team player who collaboratively supports and enables the success of others.
- Strong ability to develop positive working relationships with peers, project members and member company stakeholders.
- Completion or working towards a professional certification such as the CIP or CRM.
Contract Length: 6-months
Join Our Team!
Recognized as a Top 20 Employer for the Kitchener/Waterloo region and as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers by the Canada’s Top 100 Employers competition, Farm Mutual Re has been operating since 1959. Farm Mutual Re is a general reinsurer, sharing in the property, automobile, liability and other risks originally accepted by insurance companies operating principally in Canada and the United States.
But…we are more than a reinsurer! We build deep-rooted relationships that drive trust and success. Our relationships are the foundation that helps us empower and advance the mutual insurance community. We take pride in giving back to our community and the environment. We hold ourselves accountable for the promises we make to our members, employees and business partners.
At Farm Mutual Re, not only are we invested in the success of our mutual community, but we believe that our employees are our greatest asset. Our office is in Cambridge, Ontario off the 401 in a state-of-the-art, environmentally friendly building. Our employees enjoy perks that include complimentary access to an on-site gym, yoga classes, ping-pong table and mini-massages. Our culture is supportive of achieving a balanced, healthy and family-oriented lifestyle. In addition to a great working environment, we invest in our employees continued professional development, offer a competitive salary, employer-paid benefits, pension plan and more.