Casualty Claims Adjuster, Intermediate Or Senior
At Intact, insurance is not about things. It’s about people. It’s what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It’s why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in.
As Canada’s largest provider of property and casualty insurance, we’re not only leading our industry, but we’re redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we’re committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.
We’re looking for a Casualty Claims Adjuster (Intermediate or Senior level) to join our growing team!
As a Casualty Claims Adjuster, your work will have a big impact on our Auto Bodily Injury, Personal Liability and Commercial Liability teams. People will count on you to deliver legendary service to our customers by helping them get back on track. You will strive to provide an experience to customers that will be second to none because what matters to them matters to us.
This position is a full-time permanent opportunity and can be based in either Calgary, Edmonton or Vancouver.
Here are a few ways you'll make a difference:
- Investigate bodily injury and/or property damage claims to ensure a prompt and fair settlement
- Make independent decisions, think creatively, and be able to prioritize the key requirements needed
- Analyze documentation including medical history reports, police investigations, lease agreements, contracts and various other expert reports
- Represent the company in the negotiation and settlement of outstanding claims with third parties directly or with third party lawyers
- Manage claims through the litigation process
- Participate in the management of loss and expense reserves
- Evaluate settlement criteria for payment of claims
- 3+ years of experience working in Casualty Claims
- Completion or working toward a Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation - asset
- Effective verbal and written communication with all parties
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to work in a paperless environment
- Ability to multitask and juggle competing priorities
- Strong Systems application skills and keyboard navigation
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- Flexibility in how and where you work
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A casual ‘dress for your day’ culture that encourages you to be yourself
- A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our value of Respect is founded on seeing diversity as a strength, being inclusive and fostering collaboration. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please advise the Talent Acquisition partner who reaches out about the job opportunity and they will work with you to meet your needs.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that internal and external candidates will be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
Eligibility to Work in Canada
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This posting closes on July 6, 2021 at 11:59PM.